44 coaches online • Server time: 15:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Prez

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Fumbbl'ers

ROME

I am soon to visit the fair city of Rome. We are visiting the usual mux if Vatican and Roman sight seeing So thought I'd ask here first for any hints n tips for the visit.

Resturants
Bars
Places of note, particularly military or churches
Things to be wary of!
Stuff that only Romans know about!

Many thanks in advance

Prez

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah sew your pocket shuts and get the cheapest rental car possible. I cannot think of a worse city for pick-pocketing. Restaurants, I think it'd be harder to find a bad one than need recommendations. Though of course recommendations are good.

Football team is playing nice stuff at the moment, if you care for that sort of thing.

(From a non-Roman)
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Went there on honey moon, here is what we found:

1) You can walk everywhere but be careful as Roman motorists are some of the craziest on the planet so always double check when crossing roads.

2) Take a simple phrase book and try to order your food and drink in Italian. They are very proud people and really appreciate you trying to speak their language. We found they often waved the extra charge they apply for sitting outside.

3) Do not say you are a Lazio fan, the city itself all support Roma.

4) Eating style is very different from UK. Tend to have a pasta course followed by a meat course. Roman cuisine is famous for using a few basic ingredients, but using them so well that the food is amazing.

5) It is expensive

6) Always have a bottle of water with you and don't throw away the bottle as there are numerous free water stations where you can get free drinking water.

7) At the coliseum you can pay extra for a guided tour and a queue jump. Definitely do this as the queue outside doesn't look too big but it goes on forever inside

Cool Trevi fountain can be a bugger to find but is stunning. The Pantheon is also extremely impressive.

9) From the airport take the special train into Rome itself as it is really cheap compared to taxis, safer and quicker

We loved Rome and I hope you have a good time,

GG
 Jump to: