40 coaches online • Server time: 14:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0gw41

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Away from the banter though, I think the wiz disappearing hasn't been great for the rookie teams in this league. Flings are competitive if played right with the fouling buff, right stuff buff, good stars, chef and money for bribes, however no wiz means teams can grind them out in one half without much fear, which ain't as much fun.

I know its hard to port leagues across to activate this, lets hope GW wake up and it comes back in some form.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In a more general point i'm kind of refreshingly enjoying no wizard. I have league teams that almost always had the inducements and teams that almost always had one against them. Other inducements are more comming into play and seeing a few more stars in general. I know it makes inducements a bit less competitive but I'm kind of past that when it feels like 9 out of 10 games I played featured one on either team. Maybe I will crave it in a year or two but right now rather enjoying life without it lol.

Anyway on to the nobbled or rather big 6 (but really 7) bloat! For the purposes of this exercise the big 7 refers to the 7 teams who have won at least two division titles and usually have made it to at least one final and most seasons can be found challenging for their division at the very least. Mostly teams from season 1 or 2 apart from subs and his lizardmen. That gives us the following in no particular order;

Draugr season 1
Oilers season 1
Mermaids season 1
Yellow Eyes season 4
Microdorf season 2
Vikings season 1
Storm season 1

Now judging bloat is partly subjective for a few reasons so this is my opinion and I am sure there will be discussion as I go along as to what should count as what. There will be four parts to this. The first is pure injuries ranked as 30k for MA AV and niggles 40k for AG and 50k for ST. Simply this is the easiest thing to do reverse the cost for a +stat and make niggle like AV. There will be some subjectivity though, for example a zombie with -AG is not a 40k loss even 10k might be pushing it. The second part is looking at the skills on players and how they might make the player bloat more. For example my team is easy I know who I play, I know the Guard skill on my AV6 zombie is bloat as he hardly gets on the pitch. Other teams I don't know so well I will do my best. The third part is stats not usually taken on players again a little subjective. The fourth is players on the roster that would not usually be there, either because injuries force a team to hire somebody to bench a player that is a liability or the team has raised the dead/nurgles rot and can't fire any players hired this way. I'll make a post about each of the four sections over the next couple of days and let you argue it out along the way!

DLE College 7s
Burnalot

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

good work Matt, keep it coming

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Any news on the playoffs and finals? There's nothing scheduled, and today is supposedly the deadline...
Balle2000

Post   Posted: May 27, 2017 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

waiting for the guys to finish up
tussock

Post   Posted: May 27, 2017 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Flip a coin, you slackers. Southern Wastes Vampire Counts, eagerly await your feeble northern tribe's attempts to steal the Casualty Cup!

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

This delay is getting annoying. Casualty Cup is dragging behind, new season is dragging behind. And no idea on when the finals will be played.(?)

I know that forfeiting games is against the spirit of the NSL, but I think we need some kind of closure for this season . Nextflux has been absent for 16 days (over 1.5 rounds on regular season), and my opinion is that its long enough for a commish's call.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux will be back today.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2017 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot to say the otherday. Final will be this Saturday at 1600!

DLE College 7s
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2017 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

was it the final final?
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabble Rabble!

I hope it's not but summer break is getting fairly long lol

DLE College 7s
 Jump to: