42 coaches online • Server time: 17:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
reuben

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but I have a number of times now.
Your chatting in the chat window to your opponent, they make a block while your doing this and cause injury or death to one of your guys. The "Use your apothecary?" window comes up and grabs focus, and you either apoth a guy you don't want to or choose not to apoth an injury you really would like to because your trying to type chat messages. I don't want to be totally paranoid about chatting and completely clam up, I think this would be something easy enough to fix. Perhaps make it so that to use the apoth you need a combination keystroke (ctrl-Y for yes, ctrl-N for no) or something along these lines.
Just a small suggestion to SkiJunkie that I feel would improve the user interface. Has anyone else had this problem or am I the only stupid / unlucky one?

Reuben
GalaxyPenguin

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill have to say this has happened to me as well, on more than one occasion. You'll be chatting, about the ferocious block, and before you know it you've apothes your 0spp lineman when he was merely BH'ed or worse yet you've neglected to apoth your 50spp thrower.

This would be a very useful change, if you could consider it for 4.9 ski...
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to switch it over to use the multi apoth dialog all the time for apoths, even when only one player will be in the list. The regular yes no dialog is built into java and "y", "n", <enter>, and <esc> are built in hotkeys I cannot remove.
 Jump to: