18 coaches online • Server time: 02:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jonno

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to ask how I made Strip Ball optional, but as I read the skill description, I realize that it might in fact not be an optional skill.

Can I choose to not use Strip Ball?

Cheers
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope , not an optional skill. On fumbbl anyway. I think it is optional in table top mind, but I suspect this wasn't coded because it would be soooooooooo rare that anyone would say 'no,' that the addition pop-up it would create would just get annoying.

Last edited by Garion on %b %30, %2015 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
sann0638

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know about the client, but I would say yes in CRP. But it's not clear actually, re-reading the rules.

Last edited by sann0638 on %b %30, %2015 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Not optional in the client.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would anyone SELECT Strip Ball on a skill-up... then USE the player with Strip Ball to Block or Blitz the BALL CARRIER... and choose NOT to use Strip Ball?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Why would anyone SELECT Strip Ball on a skill-up... then USE the player with Strip Ball to Block or Blitz the BALL CARRIER... and choose NOT to use Strip Ball?

To force a TD.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Which would be the case to not use Strip Ball? Ball out of reach for the potential scorer and a throw in is required so the current ball carrier has to be crowd surfed? Any other situation imagineable?
jonno

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Nope , not an optional skill. On fumbbl anyway. I think it is optional in table top mind, but I suspect this wasn't coded because it would be soooooooooo rare that anyone would say 'no,' that the addition pop-up it would create would just get annoying.

Ok. Cheers
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

To force a TD.

So you force a TD and then what?

You are either down 0-1...
or tied 1-1...
or down 2-1...
or tied 2-2...
etc. etc. etc.

If you force a TD you either move yourself from a potential TIE into a potential LOSS.
OR you move yourself from a potential WIN into a potential TIE.

You then MUST score a TD to TIE (as in scenario 1) or you must then score a TD to WIN (as in scenario 2).
Most times you are just a likely to TIE or WIN in these scenarios WITHOUT forcing the TD.
If you would only take the ball away from your opponent you already achieve the best option available.

On top of all that you can just Block or Blitz with a player that doesn't have Strip Ball.
jonno

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

Say you have a frenzy + strip ball-player and would rather surf the ball carrier from a side cage with the ball and hope for a favourable throw-in?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Don't be dense. he can stall out for 6 turns and win 2-1 or you can force him over the line with your ag1 player and get all 15 Ko players back and try to get the equalizer.

There are many situations (i can think of more than 5) where not strip balling is the better chocie but each iS HIGHLY rare.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, should be optional for reasons above.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, should be.

But there we enter 'real life vs. the client. What should we jettison in the name of convenience and the user experience?'. And since I won on being asked to use Dodge, I'll not push this one too hard...
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, if there is a sideline scrum, one might not use in order to surf+throw in instead of ball bouncing all over the place
Dominik

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe that is a task for the next version of the blood bowl client, to ask the active coach to not use strip ball in case the blocked ball carrier could be pushed to the touchdown zone.
 Jump to: