11 coaches online • Server time: 05:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
McSquigginton

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm Squiggy McSquigginton, I signed up to FUMBBL today and am just wandering round the website/forum trying to get a handle on the system used. Just thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm 34, from Manchester England, played Blood Bowl a LOT in the olden days of death Zone etc, kinda rusty and still learning the new rules and changes, but feel I need to scratch that BB itch, and frankly cyanide's game just doesn't do it for me...so, on the recommendation of a good friend, thought I'd sign up here.
I mostly play wood elves, humans, norse and orcs, though I've yet to make teams here barring a basic woodie team I threw together just so I could explore the client, get used to the gamefinder etc (thanks for the tips matey) and look forward to getting my head kicked in by many people in many new and interesting ways. Unsure as of yet where is best to start playing, but i thought a quick forum post and trawl of the site first was advisable, so here I am, and here I go. nice to meet y'all.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome McSquigginton Very Happy

The clickable link in the opening post takes you to a welcome message full of info that should help. 145 club in league division is a decent place to start amongst other newer coaches and a few experienced ones.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Leipziger_Waterbowl

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

McSquigginton wrote:
Hi, I'm Squiggy McSquigginton, I signed up to FUMBBL today and am just wandering round the website/forum trying to get a handle on the system used. Just thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm 34, from Manchester England, played Blood Bowl a LOT in the olden days of death Zone etc, kinda rusty and still learning the new rules and changes, but feel I need to scratch that BB itch, and frankly cyanide's game just doesn't do it for me...so, on the recommendation of a good friend, thought I'd sign up here.
I mostly play wood elves, humans, norse and orcs, though I've yet to make teams here barring a basic woodie team I threw together just so I could explore the client, get used to the gamefinder etc (thanks for the tips matey) and look forward to getting my head kicked in by many people in many new and interesting ways. Unsure as of yet where is best to start playing, but i thought a quick forum post and trawl of the site first was advisable, so here I am, and here I go. nice to meet y'all.

Hi Squiggy, welcome Smile

With you being Manchester based, do you play table top at all? If so, I run a Manchester league (also on here). Drop me a pm if you'd like more info Smile

Back on topic, hope you enjoy FUMBBL Smile

@wormito on twitter

Waterbowl Commissioner
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BUMP
ive seen half a dozen new coaches this morning on gamefinder so welcome one and all please enjoy your stay and as always ask if your unsure of anything Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Gamefinder aka New Coach Grinder!! The learning curve for this game is brutal. I am hoping at some point it will click but right now the only thing clicking are the loses piling up on my record!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry, we all started the same way (well, most of us). You do find you get better Very Happy

skyde

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all. New coach here. Played the tabletop version back in the day. Now some of my friends are playing a league and I figured I'd brush up on my skills with fumbbl before venturing on to the miniature arena. The rules have changed since I played so I expect to make plenty of stupid decisions. Smile
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the rules and still make stupid decisions Very Happy

Welcome to FUMBBL skyde!

azzie

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL, skyde! They are not stupid decisions, they are daring plays! Razz
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

New coach! Just saying hey. I did purchase BB2 so I'll be playing here and there as I try to get the ropes. Thanks for all the help! Loving the game and just hoping to get decent at it.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

hello all mens!

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Beanchilla Very Happy

AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! New player (both to FUMBBL and Blood Bowl) here. Made a human team for the 145 league and an orcs one for ranked. Hopefully I'll get better after a while.

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
Throweck

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome all! Remember, it's a steep slope sometimes but you will get there. Even Rents is semi-ok at it now after many years of hard slog! Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the meatgrinder Very Happy

TIP FOR NEWCOMERS: make a [L]eague team and join this group.

Jump to: