43 coaches online • Server time: 15:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uber

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a Skink roster just before the recent changes. I know that the saurus might be too strong, but seems their roster is pretty empty without them. They have absolutely nothing to deal with opposing big guys now. I know that a whole stunty team with ma 8 is something to contend with, but it also makes them very one-dimensional. They won't be going far I tell you when they start facing other teams with advanced big guys and lots of diving tackles.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played my first Stunty game with a Skink team. I bought a Adept of Sotek, ie the Skink with a knife. The team I played against was a Pygmy team with 2 Kroxigors(one w/ 50spp) on it. I won 3-0 and every opportunity I had I used that poisoned dagger on someone, until it worked and hurt someone, then I waited for a kickoff and used it again. First I used it on the Krox's but their armor saved them. Then I started using it on the AV6 guys and I dropped one.(KO) I got the feeling, late in the game that my opponent was not too happy about me stabbing everybody I could. But the way I see it, he's got these 2 Krox bashing the snot out of all my skinks, so why shouldn't I? Also, I thought part of the whole deal with stunty was that you got to use all the crazy weapons and junk as part of the whole premise of the division.
I agree that they don't have much to deal with the big guys, but they do have the Adept...
but don't take it from me, that was my first Stunty Leeg...
Dooby

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Good on you. Nasty Pygmies
Squiggy

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm the only skink player in the Little Big Tournament, and it was made after the changes, so only skinks and an adept. I took:

1 Adept
11 Skinks
3 RR
7FF

It took me 3 games to get my first skill, and I expect them to get skills more frequently now, as they seemed to spread the spp's around fairly evenly.

My record is 2/1/1, and at the moment I'm tied for 2nd place (was tied for 1st at the end of my 4th game).

As far as I can tell, the best tactic is to avoid any big guy as much as possible, and beat up on the other stunties as often as you can. At the same time, set up for the one turn hand off to score. The adept is best used against other stunties, as it easily breaks the armour, as opposed to any big guys who seem to stick around.

It would be nice to have the option of getting a second adept, but not really feasable to buy it until you are several games in, and have your apothecary (much needed, as 60k is expensive to replace easily killed skinks) as well as 14 or 15 players and 4-5 rerolls.

Guess we'll see how well these guys do by the end of the tourney.

the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I got say Missing any kind of a positional player sucks. I think that the pygmys and others will just walk over us skinks in later games.

We need either a big guy or a skink with a flame thrower or something. Give us something that kills a little so we stand a chance
bardulf

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all:

I'm used to play skink with saurus, and now i have to face my matches with out it. and i must tell is hard very hard. As others have said u have to run away from BG and try to make a handof pass and run as hell. but with teams with tentacles its hard to loose one or two skinks in kik off, and u always play in low numbers. A sausus as i see is better than a BG because he can use RR, ok. but all stunties have BG and skink doesnt i see it unfair. yes they have an adept. ok, but most teams can have two or eaven more than two secret weapons, so i dont see it an advantage. I see two solutions.

1.- more adepts, or more secret weapons. (and there u keep the spirit of an all skink team)
2.- Let use the skinks a kruxigor.
Uber

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Giving them a krox would be an idea. I think the saurus were just too reliable and ended up dominating once they had block, tackle, break tackle.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

In the older fluff, Krox were the Skinks bigger relatives, hence they were aquatic. Give them a Krox or 2.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Please sir Can I have some more.

Look you can't take away Two Str 4 players from a side and expect them to be balanced. We need replacements
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon they are balanced to be honest, but it does seem that some of the "fun factor" has been taken out. They originally had a Krox but were seen as too powerful. Would be interesting to see what the older ones who got rid of it had to say. Wouldnt mind finding out the problems of having the Krox. OR the other idea was to create a new Big guy, such as Evos Salamander idea.

Flings Rule!
Dooby

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm, what you lot talking about. Skinks are the best. Look at how much they win. Tell you what you can have two Krox if you lose 2 MA on skinks, how does that sound?
bardulf

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not agree with that observation, the high Winning rate is with the previous rooster. I'm agree we just have to play more games before doing a real observation, but in my personal opinion if u do that change u will have a kind of gobblin team and u cant throw skinks so i'll preffer to make a goblin team. I'm agree too that as a coach u will face the challenge of coaching harder teams. but is hard to face one or two BG with MB, or tentacles only with stunty players. It would be fine to have a position player with more armor and less MA. or as i said before why u can't put more secret weapons ?.
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, Ignore Dooby, hes just insane. Not sure he understands what the forums for Razz. Definitely stoned with that Smiley. But myself and Evo both had tested skink teams with no big guys and faired well enough winning about 60-70% of games in my case. Ssps is easy as pie for them due to ALL of their touchdown abilities and the blocking side isnt bad. Hit and runs work well, though i rarely used the knife due to its lack of ssp gaining, and i got block on my adept.

Flings Rule!
Surtur

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

They work fine, before the change Skinks weren't even a real stunty team...

"Play Stunty, be prepared to lose once in a while..."

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not losing the game that I think people are concerned about so much as losing all their skinks (are they still the most expensive stunties?) when they have to put 3 7av stunties on the LoS at each kickoff for the opposing 5 str tentacle/claw/rsc/mb/tackle/block/po to belt the crap out of.
 Jump to: