42 coaches online • Server time: 17:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Last skill for premier ball hawk
Strip Ball
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
Dauntless
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Sure Feet
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fend
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bouncin'more Batrachians (in the NWFL League) finally got their first Legend. Pall 'Freddy' Kruger is the teams primary ball hawk.

The team utilizes a high risk aerial attack on defense. Pall can generally get 2d on the ball with an assist from Anquan Boundin, and so long as both are on the field no ball is safe.

Now with a chance to finally get one last (normal) skill, I'd like to see what the community thinks. I put the most likely skills in the poll, but I'm open to other choices as well. Thanks for your input.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Has to be Strip Ball.

1: You don't yet have one and Slann should
2: It combines nicely with the skills he already has

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

strip ball means he only fails to dislodge the ball on a skull right?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Not if the ball carrier has Sure Hands which is mostly the case at high TV.
fidius

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip seems like overkill when he already has Tackle and Wrestle. I'd probably go Fend, combos with Side Step and protects his AV7 a bit.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, think about how many times you thought, during a game "oh, how i wish Pall had [insert skill], that would really make life easier!". That's the skill you should pick, it's hard to say on paper imo.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Imho, Slann Blitzers get hurty skills, and then surviving skills. Strip Ball+ wrestle + tackle is something you take on a normal Lineslann, leaving the Blitzer with more crunchy skills. Fend is nice as an anti Clawpomb thing though.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I guess the lack of a clear winner in the polls indicates this isn't a
'no-brainer' skill choice after all.

My initial thinking was similar to fidius, and I had been leaning Dauntless in order to have an answer to ST4+ surehands ball carriers. (There are more than a few in our league). I realize that choice will likely be used only rarely.

Otherwise Fend was my second choice. With SS/DT it's a nasty combo, plus the obvious protection from PO.

I've always thought Sure Feet was an undervalued skill. Basically +2MV all the time (with some minor risk). That's pretty good...but clearly not as good as the others.

And Mightypeon, I somewhat agree with you, but his first skill was +AG, which made him the most reliable ST3 leaper on the team, hence his ball-sacking skill set and the main reason he made Legend at all.

Anyway, I guess I'll leave the poll up another day or two and see if anyone has any other compelling arguments.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

With all the diving tackle and the Krox's tail on Slann, one can often force the opponent's Sure Hands player to hand off to someone else, so a Strip Ball player is great to have, especially one with AG4. It goes perfect together with that Guard catcher you have.
 Jump to: