75 coaches online • Server time: 20:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
surfing need to be buffed

didn't the audience use to have MB?
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Garion wrote:
surfing need to be buffed

didn't the audience use to have MB?

No, it was just a straight injury roll, worked the same way it does now. However on fumbbls implementation of Lrb4 regeneration and apothecary were not allowed on crowd surfs which was a bug back then, but it was imo a really good rule, and a good equalizer for hurting heavy hitting teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
just make claw a doubles only skill

problem solved

Bring back traits 2016? Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For sure. Not my idea (came from Chavo), but an idea I've implemented for my league is that traits are on a roll of 8 and I really like it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I love traits, its one of the things I miss most, but sadly I dont think you could bring them back now they are gone, too many of the newer crowd who have only ever played CRP would hate having such skill restriction in place.

It should never have been removed imo, just developed, but now its gone it cant come back, imo anyway.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

no, bring them back Smile
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
too many of the newer crowd who have only ever played CRP would hate having such skill restriction in place.

It should never have been removed imo, just developed, but now its gone it cant come back, imo anyway.

I think you are being too careful in your appraisal of coaches. Put yourself in their shoes, and when you first played CRP. Many changes were made form LRB4 to CRP that we dislike, and that are poor, and that are made for a complete different kind of BB environment than played here on FUMBBL, but we still play it.

I think you can safely have more confidence in the BB crowd, than that they will quit because Frenzy is now a trait, or whatever. I'm speaking generally here by the way, not necessarily about traits.

If someone making a game refrains from making what they perceive good rule changes, because of their prediction about an imagined reaction, they're fast on a course to mediocrity. Imo.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I love traits, its one of the things I miss most, but sadly I dont think you could bring them back now they are gone, too many of the newer crowd who have only ever played CRP would hate having such skill restriction in place.

Actually a lot of the new crowd and their views not having a lrb4 base I do not like. If they don't like it, they can go.

As my league is only open to me and none of the 11 player 800k savings crowd who get angry with anybody who rolls lucky (which is impossible now anyway) they can go and go where ever they go if they're unhappy. They play a different hobby to me.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Garion wrote:
too many of the newer crowd who have only ever played CRP would hate having such skill restriction in place.

I think you are being too careful in your appraisal of coaches. Put yourself in their shoes, and when you first played CRP. Many changes were made form LRB4 to CRP that we dislike, and that are poor, and that are made for a complete different kind of BB environment than played here on FUMBBL, but we still play it.

I think you can safely have more confidence in the BB crowd, than that they will quit because Frenzy is now a trait, or whatever. I'm speaking generally here by the way, not necessarily about traits.

If someone making a game refrains from making what they perceive good rule changes, because of their prediction about an imagined reaction, they're fast on a course to mediocrity. Imo.

A good point well made. However there are many different places and formats that this game is played and each has to be considered if making rules changes. I just feel that now traits are gone there would be too great a backlash based on experience speaking with people about traits and the community has to be considered, the bbrc didn't listen when a number of experienced coaches told them cpomb would cause problems and look how that turned out. Also there are better and more interesting ways to limit skills imo.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Mutations are screaming out for traits. You could also see an avenue for 'skill ups'. Old SF for example was far too powerful, however as a 2nd skill trait, not so bad.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Mutations are screaming out for traits. You could also see an avenue for 'skill ups'. Old SF for example was far too powerful, however as a 2nd skill trait, not so bad.

yeah absolutely agree, but if all mutations because traits then there is no need to call them traits, you could just move M access to double rolls all around.

Or you could make M access on singles random, on doubles you can pick, and I'm sure you could think of other ways of handling things.

Also in my rules I have Legendary traits, so I brought back which you get at 200TV, which you can get skills like 'Lucky', or a version of Lrb4 Stand firm where a St roll is required, which brings back a bunch of the cool old skills and also works sort of like level 2 skills. But this isnt the place to go in to that in depth Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
just make claw a doubles only skill

problem solved

mutations = doubles.

there's a crowd of people agreeing for that...

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Also there are better and more interesting ways to limit skills imo.

Agreed. That's the important thing to keep in mind. I think you're saying it doesn't have to be "traits", and the skill division, or build order, or prerequisites, or whatever it is, might be more elegant ways of designing skill access.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Garion wrote:
Also there are better and more interesting ways to limit skills imo.

Agreed. That's the important thing to keep in mind. I think you're saying it doesn't have to be "traits", and the skill division, or build order, or prerequisites, or whatever it is, might be more elegant ways of designing skill access.

indeed
Jose_Gorinyo

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
What interests me is you say the cyanide forums are going nuts over cpomb, is this new bb2 threads about cpomb and could you pm me a link please. Thanks.

Yes BB2, but the Steam forums rather than Cyanide's own although it does seem that there's been a recent breakthrough literally over the last 24hrs with some of the newbros finally heeding all the advice handed out, learning to play agility teams and running rings around the Chaos teams that haven't taken/heard of tackle yet.

Just check a couple of pages back and you'll find the majority of the 'Chaos is OP' 'My team got destroyed' etc threads - there's also a glut of enjoyable salty content about the RNG being broken if you're into that kind of sadism...what am I saying, we're BB players Very Happy
 Jump to: