26 coaches online • Server time: 08:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there!

I got 4 skillups on my Lizards,
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=693148
and since these kind of topics are apperantly popular:

Fangbanger (-MV Block MB Guard Saurus) rolled normal
Kenthis2 (S5 Block Saurus) rolled normal
JarvisPants (-AV Wrestle Tackle BT Dodge Saurus) rolled agility
Mightypeon 4 rolled normal

My reasoning so far:
Fangbanger has 4 options, Tackle, Fend, Standfirm and Break Tackle.
Kenthis2 will get Break Tackle, no questions asked.
JarvisPants could actually make use of agility (although its TV bloat), other option for him would be MB, Strip Ball, Frenzy
Mightypeon4 will probably get Sneaky Git or Sidestep, Sneaky Git mostly for fluff reasons.

Not going to do a poll because with all the permutations it would get pretty nuts.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go SF on fangbanger.

Jarvis i'd take the +ag.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, it's an R team, so you need to let us know if you're prepping them for a tournament, or if you just play them for fun.

If the latter...

Fire Jarvis.
SF on fang.
BT on Ken.
skinks... who cares, they are born to die Smile but yeah, go with fluff

Reasons to keep Jarvis, well, he's a cool ball popper, and st4 blodge does help offset -AV, still at that TV I'd expect there's enough tackle/MB that he becomes a liability unless you try to protect him.

AG2 really only matters if you want him to handle the ball at all, and with wrestle this isn't exactly his bag. You'd want sure hands, but that's legend skill. If you want the AG to help dodge, well you already have BT on him. I would guess you should take strip ball honestly.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

They are going for the next major.

Jarvis isnt leaving the pitch more often then other Sauri, and AV8 is still decent. Not that I would put him on the LOS if he had AV9 anyway.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, keep Jarvis by all means then.

I wouldn't give him AG though, can't see the use of it on him.

Strip ball makes him as good a ball popper as you can get.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with fend or PO on the Mb (he's LoS both on offense and defense), Guard on the ST 5 (you can put him and the krox on the LoS corners vs weaker teams), and whatever on the skink...

The real question is the wrestler. -AV sucks, but he has such a fun skillset. +AG would greatly increase the chance of him still having BT after escaping a mark. Could well be worth it...ish. If not AG, then... Guard? SF? Frenzy?
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

No way would I take the +ag

Stand firm is a good option for the sauraii, frenzy on the st5 guy would be cool, so would mb or break tackle

Side step on the skink
Fire the av8

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm for the slower Guard. Every time.

Have to consider Guard on the ST 5, as you already have a sacker, and he should be able to blitz free of any light cover. 2+ into one TZ is handy, but not as good as 3+ with Dodge which you already have. But BT will work well too, and go Strip Ball after.

For +AG, the advantage of a 4+ natural dodge is you'll more often get two or three of them on the way to an emergency blitz. He's not so good as a backup ball carrier, with Wrestle. Overall, seems like Frenzy is going to get him more good places than the AG can, and give you a good surf threat to make teams come up the middle at you.

Sneaky Git can work, just kick AV 6-8, 120+ TV. Otherwise build another SS/DT.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go Standfirm on Fangbanger. With the movebreak it makes the most sense. Break Tackle has some use as a mobile guard is nice but there is less utility from it with 5MA.

Guard on KenThis2. With ST5 you will find him in the thick of things most of the time and Guard will help out so much.

Diving Tackle on the Skink (although really it's a skink SS or SG is fine as well as he will die soon enough)

The Wrestler I really am not sure he pretty much has his role down. Maybe Strip ball to help with ball carriers? Frenzy is interesting but you really don't need a 2nd one and it could get you into trouble.
 Jump to: