51 coaches online • Server time: 14:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spacemarine1999

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone,

in case you own a copy of Blood Bowl 2 (PC) there is a competition that is looking for some more coaches that will kick off soon. It has some special house rules, which should make it a fun experience & experiment for all of us.

Here is a little tl;dr :

- only Human & Orc teams permitted during Rumble Bowl - Season 1
- no ‘big guy’ players permitted (see Roster Changes below for details)
- no buying of ‘Star Players’ permitted during the inducement phase
- no buying of a ‘Wizard’ permitted during the inducement phase or for stadium upgrades
- 3 minute turn times
- only new teams for Season 1
- no aging rules

You can read the full announcement here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/3okxmu/rumble_bowl_season_1_announcement/
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Recruiting for here isn't allowed there, so vice versa has to apply. If you want to recruit here, start a league here. Apparently is much more commissioner friendly anyway.
spacemarine1999

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It is now allowed to recruit on reddit for fumbbl? Why?

I am not entirely sure if and where a thread like this should go on fumbbl. It seems I hit the wrong forum?

Well... close the thread then Sad

Sorry
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse, for all he has done for the site and community in the past, isn't part of the staff, so his opinion is one of many. I'm not aware of any official forum rules preventing recruiting for events outside Fumbbl, be they BB2 leagues or tabletop tourneys and leagues. But then again I'm not part of the staff either.

Best to check with them I'd say. But in the mean time, feel free to play some games here. New coaches are always welcome. Smile

Join the Human League Premiership!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I'm not sure you understand the situation fully. Cyanide's BB2 is a commercial version of Blood Bowl. FUMBBL is a fan/community version of Blood Bowl. Although the 2 sites are on good terms, they're essentially rivals.

Cyanide do not allowed recruiting for FUMBBL leagues on their forums. As such the same rules should apply here. This forum is for Java Fantasy Football, not Cyanide's BB2.

I hope that clears it up for you.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Harvestmouse, for all he has done for the site and community in the past, isn't part of the staff, so his opinion is one of many. I'm not aware of any official forum rules preventing recruiting for events outside Fumbbl, be they BB2 leagues or tabletop tourneys and leagues. But then again I'm not part of the staff either.

Best to check with them I'd say. But in the mean time, feel free to play some games here. New coaches are always welcome. Smile

Well, if it's allowed or not doesn't really matter, it's still pretty bad form to come here and advertise a league on another site, when you haven't even played one game on fumbbl...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.......I could delete the thread if I wanted, but yeah it's not my place.

I don't think the guy meant anything by it, like another guy a week or so I go it looks like he genuinely didn't know.

Recruiting for TT yeah that's fine but not for Cyanide. Put it this way, if coaches started joining, not playing to advertise their BB2 league...........then yeah something would have to be done, so easier to nip before you need to cut.
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Did somebody crack the game and upload it to piratebay? I think I will wait until it happens. But only for a laugh, I don't think BB2 worths a cent, mate so your
spacemarine1999 wrote:

in case you own a copy of Blood Bowl 2 (PC)

sounds hillarious. As I said, I hope it will be soon as cracked freeware Cool
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Did nobody realize that he wrote in the "Obituaries"? Laughing Does it mean that even BB2 commisioners and devs already know that their game have born dead? Mr. Green
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2015 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
[...]Cyanide do not allowed recruiting for FUMBBL leagues on their forums. As such the same rules should apply here.[...]

Not following you... should we make the same decisions as Cyanide? Is that what you're saying Wink

Seriously: I don't see a problem with it really. Since we can talk about BB2 all we want, recruiting for a BB2 League sounds like fair game to me. Best case one soul takes up the offer, spreads the word of FUMBBL (not on their forums though hehe) and we see more than one coach end up here. Worst case more than one soul goes there. Do we seriously expect they won't return?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2015 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So you didn't read wallenstein's post then? It's bad form, even if you don't agree you should be able to follow that line of thought.

I see no reason why it should be allowed, it's player poaching. One more league they play there is one less league they'll play here.

However I know for a fact somebody up high has read this thread......it's not been locked so there's your answer. It's fair game.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course I read it, and I understand the point. I find it interesting that it's considered fair game (or under consideration?). Maybe just this one time. If there's 30+ recruitment threads popping up things might change Very Happy