23 coaches online • Server time: 01:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all im arriving in pisa on thursday the 5th november and dont depart again til the 12th so im starting this thread in the hopes there are others and we can perhaps share costs of a coach to lucca or perhaps others are staying on longer and might be interested in being tourists together
Anyway pm me if your not comfortable with posting here as we can always start a private pm thread Smile
Cheers tim

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I have space in a minibus from pisa airport at 1645 on the Thursday. Any good to you?

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i arrive at 12:25 so yep sounds awsome Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Great - meet us off easyjet at 1645!

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2015 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going but on previous experience the public bus from Pisa to Lucca is fine if anyone needs public transport. Also there may be a train though they were striking when I was there several years ago. Enjoy! Lucca is a beautiful town. Pisa is so so, but worth to see the Tower and the historic area near it.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2015 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent thats good to know thanks garyt1
Il see you then sann Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also going to Pisa but will have to check my arrival. I was planning on just taking a cab, it's not very far from Pisa to Lucca is it? But of course I'm all for saving money so if others have made arrangements or just want to share a cab I'm all for it. Smile
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2015 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
I'm not going but on previous experience the public bus from Pisa to Lucca is fine if anyone needs public transport. Also there may be a train though they were striking when I was there several years ago. Enjoy! Lucca is a beautiful town. Pisa is so so, but worth to see the Tower and the historic area near it.

...and don't forget that at 17:00 it's FOCACCIA time. At that time, the bakeries open to sell oven-warm focaccia (that is a kind of bread, but happier and oilier) sandwiches filled with porchetta (instead of shredding the pork, we slice it) and cheese. or whatever you see in the bakery, that usually has a selection of dry-cured goodness.
"pancetta" and "lardo" can be quite different from their english bacon and lard equivalents.

if you've got a spine, tho, you'll search the center for the food truck that sells LAMPREDOTTO (google it).

sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2015 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

30 minutes journey from Pisa to Lucca.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing these sort of threads pop up is giving me a warm fuzzy feeling that it's all really very close now. Very Happy
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I checked, I'm coming into Pisa from Munich at 12:35 (Air Dolomiti flight). Think I'll go to Lucca straight away. If anyone wants to share a cab let me know! Smile
Leipziger_Waterbowl

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
garyt1 wrote:

...and don't forget that at 17:00 it's FOCACCIA time. At that time, the bakeries open to sell oven-warm focaccia (that is a kind of bread, but happier and oilier) sandwiches filled with porchetta (instead of shredding the pork, we slice it) and cheese. or whatever you see in the bakery, that usually has a selection of dry-cured goodness.
"pancetta" and "lardo" can be quite different from their english bacon and lard equivalents.

if you've got a spine, tho, you'll search the center for the food truck that sells LAMPREDOTTO (google it).

I just did! That is getting tried Smile

@wormito on twitter

Waterbowl Commissioner
palandt

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Leipziger_Waterbowl wrote:
awambawamb wrote:
garyt1 wrote:

I just did! That is getting tried Smile

Not by me.
Reminds me too much of Haggis and that was gross.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2015 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

palandt wrote:

Not by me.
Reminds me too much of Haggis and that was gross.

I had Haggis in Edinburgh... and once was for breakfast.
There are worse things Very Happy

bigbullies

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:

Hello all could anybody give me the name of some decent accomodation in pisa so i may go see these sights