40 coaches online • Server time: 13:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
but incorrectly implementing rules has no excuse for any reason.

Oh, my idealistic crusader there are so many excuses why you would incorrectly implement a rule in a version of Blood Bowl that is strictly for profit.

So many

Off the top of my head....It is incorrectly implimented because they are trying to get more profits by not hiring enough staff to make sure it is actually implemented properly and get the damn game on the shelf and start collecting money.

Sure some of the masses will cry to the heavens for a patch but they do not care...they already have your money!!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Another reason would be that Cyanide unlike FUMBBL does not give a "flip" about the holy official rules that where handed down on stone tablets from on high by the BBRC that can only be found in the dark corners of the interwebz. Yes, Cyanide has protection racket money going on from GW to protect the holy rule tablets!!!!

They can make what ever rule changes they want and quess what? they will still make PROFIT!!!!!

Last edited by PainState on %b %29, %2015 - %20:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

MightyQuinn wrote:

Odd they reduced alot of skills over the years yet changed claw so it damages av 8-10 equally. Maybe needs to go back to +1. Odd change since a skill choice doesnt effect everyone.

There's a bit of controversy about it, especially as part of the Mighty Blow, Piling On stack. You can catch up on some light reading about it here. There's only 47 some pages Very Happy
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:
but incorrectly implementing rules has no excuse for any reason.

Oh, my idealistic crusader there are so many excuses why you would incorrectly implement a rule in a version of Blood Bowl that is strictly for profit.

So many

Off the top of my head....It is incorrectly implimented because they are trying to get more profits by not hiring enough staff to make sure it is actually implemented properly and get the damn game on the shelf and start collecting money.

Sure some of the masses will cry to the heavens for a patch but they do not care...they already have your money!!!!

They might wish they had my money Wink
MightyQuinn

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
MightyQuinn wrote:

Odd they reduced alot of skills over the years yet changed claw so it damages av 8-10 equally. Maybe needs to go back to +1. Odd change since a skill choice doesnt effect everyone.

There's a bit of controversy about it, especially as part of the Mighty Blow, Piling On stack. You can catch up on some light reading about it here. There's only 47 some pages Very Happy

Already know the issues about Claw, MB, PO.
wkdsoul

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Can i buy a physical copy of the LRB6 anywhere, i can only seem to locate pdf links for d/l versions.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

they are releasing a new box set next year, until then no, CRP/LRB6 (they're the same thing) is currently only available via download from NAF web site I believe.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

GW asked that the .pdf link at the NAF be removed before the new box arrives (I think at the end of June, but I stand to be corrected). Makes sense; there is lots of new artwork and styling to come. It does mean that new coaches might struggle to lay their hands on a rulebook before release. I'm sure you'll find it somewhere on the Internet, and you'll be able to get yourself a physical copy when the box lands.
wkdsoul

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers guys, i may just get the current one printed into a book at work then for the time being, depending on when/if GW give a release date on the new stuff
Roland

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can find one of the later 3rd edition boxes, I think there will be an Icepelt rulebook in there.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, that's not true, the 3rd edition boxes ship with LRB1.3 if you get the latest version that is, obviously earlier versions got earlier versions of the rules.

But even the last version that shipped with LRB1.3 is still along way off what we have now, though had some pretty cool rules that no longer exist.

After 1.3 there was LRB2, LRB3, LRB4, LRB5, LRB5+ CRP

Last edited by Garion on %b %25, %2016 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Icepelt is CRP with the extra races and fluff. The 3 races were vetoed by GW.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the very last boxsets said 'stuff it' to LRB entirely and came with some 4th ed weirdness.........I think.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

nope it was LRB1.3 for sure

4th edition was in the magazines only and retracted by the 3rd magazine

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, 0k my bad Smile
 Jump to: