46 coaches online • Server time: 14:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
huff

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

In regards to the housed rule of Sneaky Git, where the sent off player is sent to the KO box instead of outright banned, is the player treated like a player that has been KO'd? ie, can benefit from Babes and the likes or is the player just waiting there because the dugout hasn't been expanded to have a separate place for these 'suspect'
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose I should PM those that play with the house rule.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure about Fumbbl leagues but my TT league treated it as a separate roll when we tried it. Wasn't a great rule though, IMO, and made goblins rather better than they probably should be (in combination with other narrow tier rules changes, admittedtly). Next league I think we may change send offs to apply only to doubles on the armour roll, which should boost SG a little, as well as making fouling more appealing generally.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it's treated like a KO so yes would benefit from a Babe. It's just a little fun add on and doesn't have a separate box, as this would be far too troublesome to code.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

does anyone know if this also applies to Secret Weapon-players with SG?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing, but I doubt it. You can be KOed and banned for a SG. So I'd presume you'd move to the ko box for the foul, then once the drive was over make your SW roll and therefore be banned. The 2 ban rolls wouldn't be done at the same time, so shouldn't interfere with each other.

Pure conjecture of course, but that's my take on it.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

In my CRP+ rules, they're still sent off, but recovers on a 4+.
That Means you could be both sent off and KO'd and would have to recover from both.
Babe doesn't apply.

Not sure about how Koadah plays it.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Koadah plays it how the client allows it. As it's optional I doubt there's special coding to consider the eventualities discussed.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You certainly do benefit from babes with the client.

If I remember rightly SW with sneaky git do get sent off at the end of a drive as normal - but if caught making a foul on the pitch go to the ko box instead.

Please see some of my games with this goblin team for examples with a SG saw:
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=741144
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So if they go to the KO box, are they then (SW) banned at the end of the drive or miss out on the ban due to going to the KO box and having a ban (fouling) removed?

I'd have thought as bans are issued at the end of the drive, they'd still take the SW ban, no matter where the SG special rule sent them.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
Babe doesn't apply.

Hmmm... You think it would be 'too good' if it did? And I wonder how we (Fumbbl) would apply it if coding wasn't an issue.

The initial question has been answerd, as SG sent offs benefit from babes, on here. Although I am now curious to your experience with it Plasmoid.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
does anyone know if this also applies to Secret Weapon-players with SG?

This would for sure be a change I would be a proponent of for any future rules changes, along with the fouling part for SG. Don't know how I feel about babes affecting the 4+ roll... Input? I can see some fluff reasoning for it.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
You certainly do benefit from babes with the client.

If I remember rightly SW with sneaky git do get sent off at the end of a drive as normal - but if caught making a foul on the pitch go to the ko box instead.

Please see some of my games with this goblin team for examples with a SG saw:
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=741144

Client coding aside, I think it would be silly if a SW sent off for fouling benefited from SG but a SW that stayed on the pitch until the end of drive didn't. You'd actually be trying to caught, I don't like that little loop hole. Having said that, I think SW should always benefit from SG, whether or not the Sneaky Git benefits from babes (client aside) is the question. I think it's discussion worthy... As other proposed rules should be discussed, at nasuem to a point, because we are theoretically one rule set away from being set for life (imo ofc).
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

In the end I think I'd like Sneaky Git to:

-Act like Guard for Fouling
- When player is sent off with skill they go to either KO box (if we allow babes to affect roll) or to separate "banned box", and when in either box they are allowed the 4+ to return for next drive.

Do we still give them the benefits of current skill (not sent off on AV roll doubles), with the above added?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If we're talking about rolls here, keep SG simple. You get sent off because of a foul, re roll it with SG. However.........if fouling was to be buffed (like it should) this then affects SG and it becomes more powerful without any changes.

That's the problem with changing rules, the tiniest little things affect everything.
 Jump to: