20 coaches online • Server time: 08:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2015 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I neglected to remind people of in my previous post.

You MUST be applied to the group, and your scores MUST be submitted to the scoring thread by the final deadline to be eligible for the tournament.

As long as your team has applied to the group, and you have submitted scores to the scoring thread ALL submitted scores from the open play window will be accepted.

There are several teams who have either applied to the group with no submitted scores, or submitted scores but have not applied to the group.

I do not invite teams to the group; it is your responsibility to do so.

Less than 2 hours to go!

--j

ImageImage
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2015 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh, well looky there. I never actually applied my teams.

Thanks for the reminder shadow!

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2015 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
cant we play a few more days? please?

Nooooo, I need sleep!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

After hours upon hours of verification, we are good to go for the finals.

Congratulations to all of this year's participants, and an extra round of applause to those teams who have advanced to the final Knockout Tournament.

The overall winner, with 1982 points, is Biter Squad, a Strigoyan squad coached by Sinnyil.

Biter Squad also won the overall casualty count with 122 RIPs, so the second place team, Hospital, a Strigoyan team coached by Kalamona, receives the automatic invitation with 106 RIPs.

The final six random slots were randomly chosen by dice rolls. This year's tournament had 74 participants, for a grand total of 13185 points, 9317 of which were tallied for the 72 remaining coaches who were vying for the final random spots.

The 6 random spots have been awarded to:

#1 - Zarjaz XI (Albion Fae), coached by luckyjim12
#2 - vegetek (Goblin Cheaters), coached by Anaximandros
#3 - Vermin of Regio-1 (Eshin Adepts), coached by Sinomune
#4 - Angry Nerds (Skryre Slaves), coached by Jokaero
#5 - Smashing to Oblivion (Skryre Slaves), coached by Ryld
#6 - Masters of Martial Arts (Eshin Adepts), coached by S-Haxe

Again, thank you to everyone who has participated thusfar in the tournament, and good luck to the 8 finalists!

The final Knockout Tournament is live. The tournament has one week deadlines, so get your matches scheduled.

--J

ImageImage
Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to the finalists, it took me a while to figure out the format of the tournament but now I got it.

Next year I will apply with 10 teams, play one single game with each of them and then just wait for the random draw. It will save me a lot of time and statistically my chances will be higher. Seems like the right way to go on in a tournament based on everything except on coaching skills.

Cheers.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

That's not how it works. Every point you score is like a ticket in the random draw. Hence the more points you score, the more tickets you have, and therefore more chances to win one of the finals places. But even the coach who only plays one game and loses gets two tickets in the draw, and so has a (slim) chance to make it. Skill, (or results, at least) do matter.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck to all. I played, and therefore helped, half of the teams on the list. I think the best way to get in is NOT play anyone so they can't get in. That is my strategy for next year.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook don't be a whiny little girl, playing a lot with few teams gave you more chances than playing 1 game with 10 different ones...

Second, I was top of the table (by far, with hundreds points on the second one) few editions ago of the Necromiser.
At that time I didn't enter in the final draw because all the 8 finalists were drew randomly. It didn't matter to me, because the main point is that the Necromiser revives Stunty for a while, and gives you the chance to play vs so many teams/coaches you wouldn't meet otherwise.

Also, the rules were written quite clearly anyway, maybe you didn't pay enough attention Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

my plan next year is every player every turn gfi, so we might raise the death count

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook you had about a 1 in 10 chance this year of getting a random spot based on the number of games you played and tickets accrued (better than most of the other 71 coaches). If you would have played 1 game with 10 teams this year your chances would have been more like 1 in 100.

Personally this format is not my favourite as I don't have time to play tons of matches at this time of year but undoubtedly this gets Stunty more visible and massively increases the number of matches played, which is great for the Leeg. I do like the blood though and the dead pool reports.

Good luck to the finalists ya bunch of grinders/luckers! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Next year I might apply with 30 teams. Maybe 50. Play one game with each one of them. We'll see who's right.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Your odds will be identical to playing 30 games with 1 team (assuming the same results). Maths is Maths!

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats, it was an honored to be clobbered by some of those finalists (both of my teams that is).
Looking forward to trying again in Necromiser VII, but will probably stick with one team next time.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2015 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No, Crook, "statistically" your chances will not be greater...your chances will be exactly the same, they will just be allocated differently...all that will happen is you will either hedge your bets on one team, or go with a crap shoot that will pick one of a multitude of teams...

Crook, if you take 50 teams and lose 1 game with each...you would have the same odds as if you lost 50 games with 1 team...you would have 100 "tickets" spread across 50 teams, or 100 tickets lumped on one team...

and since only one team per coach can get in, *YOU* would have the exact same odds, the team is irrelevant...

once you removed the points from Biter Squad & Hospital, there were 9317 points left in the pool...if you play and lose one match with one team, you have a .02% chance of making the draw with 9317 points across all teams...

if you play 1 match on 50 teams, and lose all of them, each team will have a .02% chance of making the draw, while *YOU*, as a coach, will have a .2% chance...

if you play 50 matches on 1 team, your team will have a .2% chance, and *YOU* as a coach will have a .2% chance to make the draw...

Here, let me break it down specifically as it relates to you and your performance...

Never Bite on the First Date - 436 points
Shamrock Armada Reloaded - 72 points
Cursed Moot - 418 points

with close to 10,000 tickets, Never Bite has a roughly 4.36% chance of making the draw, Shamrock has ~.72%, and Cursed has ~4.18%(these numbers are an estimate, and not exact, but the estimate is pretty damn close)...*YOU* have a 9.26% chance of getting in with one of the three teams...

I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to grasp, unless you're being intentionally difficult...there has never been any problems grasping the style of this tournament with any coach, and you are the first person to bring it up...

Seriously, this is not a difficult concept at all...

--j

ImageImage
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Vermin of Regió-1 vs Hospital
Wednesday 08.30pm server time.
 Jump to: