42 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2015 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

FINAL
Sunday the 27th, kick off 18.00 server time.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2015 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So, my relatively 'soft' Strigs (only one PO on the team) won last year, and this years finals is between two uber-cheese strigs (only one vampire on each team WITHOUT PO).

Seems like a trend.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Strigs are busted and need to be revised.

The end.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinnyil wrote:

The end.

No they are not busted and they must be left as they are. Did Strigs win any other stunty major recently besides Necromiser? I don't think so. They only perform well in NN because of the peculiar (silly) format of the tournament. They get points for the many deaths of their thralls and for the many deaths they can inflict, and to be honest both the teams in the final this year are horribly minmaxed and this allows Strigs to get easy games. In a KO touney format they don't go far, it's proved, and if the other teams in NN KO phase were not randomly drawn this would not have been a Strig final.

Period.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Care to explain how my team is minimaxed? Smile
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps min-max is not the right terminology. I prefer how Sigmar1 put it:

Sigmar1 wrote:
uber-cheese

Wink

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Last edited by selfy_74 on Dec 27, 2015 - 19:07; edited 1 time in total
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say mine is but not yours Kal. Though not really by intent. I can't keep thralls with skills unmauled to save their lives, so I've wound up with almost none in the end, except my DP (dirty playing thralls are the only ones I'll keep around with some types of injuries). OTOH all my vamps are legends, and murder machines. So yeah, I'd say the squad is (unintentionally) min-maxed.

Hospital though is a lot more varied in skills and such, with quite a number of thralls skilled up. I wouldn't call them min-maxed, just "developed".
Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

anyway gratz on your victory in Necromiser Sinnyil you're a good fella and good sport, look forward to see you around in stunty pitches soon.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
Sinnyil wrote:

The end.

No they are not busted and they must be left as they are. Did Strigs win any other stunty major recently besides Necromiser? I don't think so. They only perform well in NN because of the peculiar (silly) format of the tournament. They get points for the many deaths of their thralls and for the many deaths they can inflict, and to be honest both the teams in the final this year are horribly minmaxed and this allows Strigs to get easy games. In a KO touney format they don't go far, it's proved, and if the other teams in NN KO phase were not randomly drawn this would not have been a Strig final.

Period.

You make good points, but I'm still thinking they should probably at least be looked at. I don't really see the justification for them getting 5 positionals with GSA access. When OFAB was more punishing, sure, but now? I think it's overkill. No other team has that much G access, especially not with S access as well, and certainly not on their 5 strength guy(s). Even the doomwheel for skyre lost its G access and that's a slower secret weapon compared to the Strig lord who somehow kept his G access.

Admittedly my viewpoint is a bit skewed, as up until a couple months ago I hadn't played since LRB4, so part of my mindset is still very much rooted back then. It just feels to me that something about this team is out-of-whack. Perhaps something as simple as raising the cost of ghouls would "fix" them in my mind. I'm unsure.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
anyway gratz on your victory in Necromiser Sinnyil you're a good fella and good sport, look forward to see you around in stunty pitches soon.

Thanks! It was a tough game, Kal is always a great opponent. Some very important dice rolls fell in my favor (especially the kicks in the second half) which I think was instrumental in me pulling it off in the end.

Igor killing himself on double skulls certainly helped a lot as well, as did the way a good portion of the injury rolls went.

I think it's important to point out that even with all that, Kal didn't (and I'm fairly certain he doesn't like...ever), complain, moan, whine, or even make sarcastic remarks about the way some of the rolls turned out. He's an excellent opponent and a good sport, and even while you call *me* a good sport I can't say I'm ever as immune to at least remarking on my luck as Kal is. Super commendable.
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

That's how we like our doctors and nurses : stoïcs !
Nice final.
An idea for your new recruit Sinnyil ?

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
That's how we like our doctors and nurses : stoïcs !
Nice final.
An idea for your new recruit Sinnyil ?

I've been reviewing the pool, but no firm ideas yet. Though there is a block tentacle chaos spawn, and if I don't mind the SW roll, a blackeling doomwheel.

On my way to another Christmas party so a real decision will have to wait a bit.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats on the win.

We can talk adjusting strigs in another thread.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Why hired Igor?!

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2015 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinomune wrote:
Why hired Igor?!

He was down a ghoul for the match, so it gave him a 3 strength tackler with DP, while only giving me 70k in inducements. I think it was a good pick personally.
 Jump to: