13 coaches online • Server time: 06:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so there's the squig Gloopitch, who is kind of a terror, but I'm not sure if I want to add a really stupid bloodthirsty guy to the squad.

There's Rocksteady VI, a chaos spawn with Block and tentacles. Room to grow, and has block. Plus chaos spawn are pretty good, I'm told.

I'm assuming I can't pick My first master to bring back. Or at least I was told I wouldn't be able to, without firing my current master.

Durkie the Doomwheel, has tackle, which is nice. But secret weapon, and I'm already taking enough guys of my own off the field with Bloodlust that I'm uncertain at the usefulness here compared to the other choices.

Anyone notice anything interesting to consider that I missed? I think I'm leaning towards Rocksteady at this point but that squig is awfuuuuuuuuuuuuully tempting.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Mate, that squig is a beast! You've already got the thralls so you may as well go for it!

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Not Durkie for sure. Any of the others are a good choice. I think your guy is the best, but not worth firing a Strig over. Rocksteady has lots of scope, so you can build him how you like. Also they're one of the best players around. I kind of like the Squig too though, looks a lot of fun.
Gregster

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The spawn, just for the tents and high strengt.You can only blitz with one player, wich should be your master. I think.. Smile
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

One more vote for the spawn : 2nd TTM (just in case), Regeneration (might last a bit longer), Wide range of evolution to fit the rest of the team etc etc.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll third the vote for the spawn.
You'll be able to make him a killer, and with tentacles, he'll control the field. He also has room to grow, and M access that no one else on your team has. He can eventually be your primary blitzer, with the lord being a more reliable roadblock.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The infamous #9 Wink
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I think the chaos spawn is the way to go. Regeneration was a nice point that I hadn't really considered.

As much fun as the Squig would be, I'd likely have to adjust my entire play style around him. If he didn't have frenzy I'd be a lot more likely to pick him, but I can just forsee him getting himself into all sorts of situations where my entire team would have to adjust for his shenanigans just to keep him useful. My first master had frenzy, and I regretted it from the first time he frenzied up until he died.

The spawn, however, is going to be nearly as useful at being large, annoying, and an issue for the other team to deal with, and with tentacles I'll be more easily able to hold the field down while my vampires feast on the opposition. Another (admittedly less reliable) TTM is nice, though I haven't been able to count on that much ever since all my +agi right stuff guys died over the course of the necromiser. The idea of having someone who could eventually get disturbing presence pleases me, as the two things that my team really has a hard time dealing with at times are bombs and TTM. I'm thinking for his last 4 skills, assuming no doubles (in no particular order): stand firm, DPr, guard, and...maybe claw...maybe break tackle? Frenzy again, but that's standard for them, and since he'll be normally playing a different role than the squig would it's less of an annoyance.

So yeah, I think I'll go with the spawn.
Gregster

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Strigs werent overpowered enough, with a tentacled blok spawn to tie the opposition down your team will be a nightmare Smile
 Jump to: