14 coaches online • Server time: 05:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
UKMDnick

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Id like to take +AV on more players but when its paired up with +MV it seems like such a no-brainer that the +MV is more useful.

Now, I don't have very much experience with the game but I was wondering if allowing +AV to be included as a choice with any double roll would be something to consider.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 18:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

One of the main knocks against +AV is that claw completely negates it. IMO, it should have been that claw affects the base AV of the player, so that +AV would still be useful against it.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

yea, +MV 'usually' wins. not always, but mostly.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
One of the main knocks against +AV is that claw completely negates it. IMO, it should have been that claw affects the base AV of the player, so that +AV would still be useful against it.
I would like to see this tested. Seems interesting.
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:

I like the idea behind. Guess at least for league/house rules it should be implemented!
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was a 6-4 roll on a mino or rat ogre and already have given guard grab and juggernaut then I would as ma6 is generally enough and I think a big guy needs av9 as he will be taking the lions share of the blocks especially with frenzy but on a 5-5 unless it's a goal scorer such as gutter runner then I'll probably take the double skill, just my 2cents

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

sheepycollins wrote:
If it was a 6-4 roll on a mino or rat ogre and already have given guard grab and juggernaut then I would as ma6 is generally enough and I think a big guy needs av9 as he will be taking the lions share of the blocks especially with frenzy but on a 5-5 unless it's a goal scorer such as gutter runner then I'll probably take the double skill, just my 2cents
All well and good, except you can't take Grab on players with Frenzy
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

fast mino is scary mino

also comedy mino

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
sheepycollins wrote:
All well and good, except you can't take Grab on players with Frenzy

Good point lol my bad just guard and juggernaut then :p

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

sheepycollins wrote:

Then your Mino/Rat Ogre gets clawpombed, bye bye AV 9!
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

In my league we talked about giving the +AV boost a another effect: +AV players are immune to claw.
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:
In my league we talked about giving the +AV boost a another effect: +AV players are immune to claw.

immunety to claw and better AR? well that's fluffy, but a way to overpowered than ...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think all this is reasonable and would agree with the OP about the problem. The problem about using the base AV level for claw is it's a little messy, particularly on TT.

My 2 suggestions would to the 2 problems would be:

+AV can be take on the roll of an 8. Chavo suggested this for traits (it's the same % as a double, getting an Cool. As the have been ruthlessly taken away from us, I'll give it to your AV idea as a present.

Claw does not have an effect on AV10. This helps the Treeman out a bit and gives AV9 teams a boost against claw AND gives an incentive to taking +AV.

Fluffwise it's already ugly. But something like "Claw is the perfect armour opener. However against a Treeman's bark or a player that is so incredible tough his skin is like a super tough hide, it has no effect."

Ok it's forced, but....
TrashMouse

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

But over MA and a really slim chance for a 10, I think that is a viable rule... Claw is sort of broken out of all the skills, and that skill alone to counter Claw is a good thing imo.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just claws are -2 av, to a min of 7. Don't know why AV on an 8, instead of a 9.
I presume you mean it's the same odds as rolling a double excluding +ST. I feel like double should be more common than stats though. A 9 feels more elegant (9/10/11/12) being the stat rolls.
 Jump to: