43 coaches online • Server time: 11:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wex

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL rule:

Teams in competitive divisions are expected to strive for at least 11 players on the roster. While this doesn't mean that any team below 11 players must immediately hire a new lineman, coaches are expected to not let the team deteriorate on purpose.

How much treasury compared to journeymen does a team need to have before you report them for violating the rules?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Rule of thumb, as I understand it, is that if a team has less than 11 permanent players (so including any MNG), they can save up to double the cost of their most expensive player type. So at most, maybe 300k, but that isn't a hard limit.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Around 3 times the most expensive non-BG player, and for every MNG a JM is allowed as well. In general it should allow enough room for strategic use of JM.
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the advice given, but don't fret about it. You will know if you're 'hoarding' or if you're just saving for something specific.

Anyway, unless you show a pattern of rule bending/breaking the 1st offense is generally a warning.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Around 3 times the most expensive non-BG player, and for every MNG a JM is allowed as well. In general it should allow enough room for strategic use of JM.

If this is the word it would be great to have this text included with the rule.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'd been going by 240k for Wood Elves which meant I couldn't keep 3 Loners for the LoS until I had enough money to go up to 12 players in one go. If it's actually 360k that'd be good to know.
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

'Around' is a wiggle word, intentionally used such that the admins have some leeway in how they deal with potential violations.

Remember, your intent does matter, and if you should know better, or if you have been warned before, the hammer is more likely to fall.

Easiest way to avoid complications? Before you ready your team ask an admin if it's ok. They may not like to get bugged about it, but frankly, when you don't have a hard and fast rule that's the price to be paid.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

yup. and mistakes happen (eg. forgetting to hire after a guy dies, so having a loner for one game when you have lots of cash). they re looking for sustained use of JM.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

And if you see someone with 500k in the bank and 3 Jm there is only 1 option. Gang fowl his star player like there is no tomorrow until he is crying over broken pixels. It's the only way to teach them :p