66 coaches online • Server time: 21:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RollingDice

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So I am playing my first Vamp team, and in my last turn of first half i do a blitz with a vamp. he rolls bloodlust but i hope to save the reroll in order to dodge, pickup and blitz the ballcarrier. he gets to endzone... no td... then he goes off the pitch and no td is scored... to me an american football fan this makes no sense... can anyone explain please?
Throweck

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you roll bloodlust you have to feed. So if you don't feed on someone in the Endzone, no TD, the vamp is overcome with thirst and makes his way into the crowd. I also found this out the hard way.

Vamps can be tough to play. Always try to think about putting a thrall where your Vamp will end up before you move the vamp. That's easier said than done though.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a silly rule... I mean, the vamp can just make a TD and then feed on the crowd.

but rules are rules...
cowhead

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the way I try to think of it. Scoring a touchdown is more like scoring a try in Rugby, where you actually need to touch the ball to the ground in the endzone. Unlike American football where you just need to run the ball into the endzone. So the Vamp is so crazed for Blood he just runs into the crowd with the ball, hence he doesn't get the TD.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The old LRB4 client handled the Blood Lust TD issue the other way, so it scored before resolving the BL. This used to cause bitterness among vampire opponents, because it made vamps so OP!

Guess can't make everyone happy Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well when you put it like that I guess... The rugby rule does make sense. I wouldnt say it neccessarily makes vamps op, because I think you could counter this very easily by making a rule let's say... since you didnt feed and you ran into the crowd, but it was a td you need a roll of 3+ to come back onto the pitch in time... so like a mini Ko... any feedback on that?
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You already have a player with Ma6 S4 Ag4 Av8, he doesn't need any improvments lol

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I was not implying to make any improvements to the player, but to the bloodlust course of action priority.
radge

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This rule is just silly. Any player holding the ball in the opponent's TD area should score a touchdown. It would be much more logical if the bloodlust Vampire instead missed the next drive because he or she is up on the stands looking for blood.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

radge wrote:
This rule is just silly. Any player holding the ball in the opponent's TD area should score a touchdown. It would be much more logical if the bloodlust Vampire instead missed the next drive because he or she is up on the stands looking for blood.

this
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion the rule should be changed to allow the bloodlusting Vampire to score the TD and he should not miss the next drive (fluff reason: he feeds in the crowd just after the TD).
About the rugby TD: Blood Bowl is a parody of American Football (the BB box says "the game of fantasy football") so the rules for American Football TD should be applied.
I'm not an expert but afaik in American Football you don't need to be standing up in the End Zone, you just need to cross the End Zone line with the ball to score.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The spirit of the rule is that a failed Blood Lust should result in a turnover, so not awarding a TD is correct. It doesn't make much sense from an american football fan point of view but then again so does rolling the interception before the pass.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
The spirit of the rule is that a failed Blood Lust should result in a turnover, so not awarding a TD is correct. It doesn't make much sense from an american football fan point of view but then again so does rolling the interception before the pass.

So if there is a rule that doesn't make sense (the interception rule) another rule that doesn't make sense should not be changed?
I think that having less silly rules is an improvement of the game, especially if the silly rule affects a hard to play team.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the interception rule doesnt make sense indeed. But the Blood Lust one does, a failed Blood Lust should result in a TO not a TD.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
Well the interception rule doesnt make sense indeed. But the Blood Lust one does, a failed Blood Lust should result in a TO not a TD.

Rules can have exceptions and by the way the client should allow to complete the movement of the player with the ball when he enters the End Zone.
The reason is that a Vampire might need to move to a Thrall adjacent or in the End Zone to bite him before scoring.
 Jump to: