47 coaches online • Server time: 14:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tmoila

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Gameplay before making sense in real life terms.

Interceptions are rare as it is, so making a roll after the pass would just make them extinct.

What I would like to see is that if Vampire fails bloodlust and then causes casualty on an opponent (from blitz/block), that would satisfy the bloodlust (Vampire bites the opponent).
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

In Blood Bowl, TDs are scored according to this rule:

Quote:
A team scores a touchdown during their turn when one of their players is standing in the opposing team's End Zone while holding the ball at the end of any of your players' Actions.

This test at the "end of your players' action" means the vampire must end its turn in the end zone. More specifically, the Blood Lust skill description explicitly states:

Quote:
Failure to bite a Thrall is a turnover [...] and he will not score a touchdown if he was in the opposing end zone

This clears up the edge case whether or not the player's turn ends before or after he runs off to bite a spectator.

It pretty much comes down to the ball being in the end zone and in control of your player at the end of a player turn.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

This would also imply the ability to enter and get out from the endzone in a single move action with the ballcarrier without scoring automatically by moving in.

This is a silly rule IMO, and would be nice to have an optional rule to allow scoring on bloodlust.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
This would also imply the ability to enter and get out from the endzone in a single move action with the ballcarrier without scoring automatically by moving in.

No, the rules (pag.15) say that a player with the ball can't leave voluntarily the End Zone for any reason once he enters it.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:11
FUMBBL Staff

I don't know the answers to these questions, but what would happen (both in the client and by the rules) if:

1) Failed BL Vamp hands-off from outside the endzone to another player who is in the end zone?
2) Failed BL Vamp hands-off from outside the endzone to a thrall in the endzone and then bites him?
3) Failed BL Vamp hands-off from outside the endzone to a thrall in the endzone and refuses to bite him?

During these situations, at various points, it is possible for a player to be in the endzone with the ball and the end of the turn.

Last edited by mister__joshua on %b %24, %2015 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules say that a player entering with the ball the End Zone can't, for any reason:
- leave the End Zone;
- hand off the ball;
- pass the ball.

So the replies to your 3 questions are "no" if the handing off/passing Vampire is in the End Zone as well.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %24, %2015 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
cdassak

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

My 2 cents.
Blood Lust is there to punish Vampire teams.
Probably the most severe effect of BL is denying a TD.
So having an exception to protect Vamps from the most severe effect of BL is against the spirit of the rule imho.
This comes from a Vamp coach standpoint (my 4th most played race) even though it would give a nice advantage to the race.
Over and out.

Agree about being able to move in and out of the end zone to reach a thrall btw.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Lust happens before passes and handoffs
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires are terribly overpowered so they must be punished.
Very Happy It makes sense.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Vampires are terribly overpowered so they must be punished.
Very Happy It makes sense.

That's exactly what I said Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:22
FUMBBL Staff

MattDakka wrote:
The rules say that a player entering with the ball the End Zone can't, for any reason:
- leave the End Zone;
- hand off the ball;
- pass the ball.

So the replies to your 3 questions are "no" if the handing off/passing Vampire is in the End Zone as well.

Sorry, I was implying that the vamp was outside the endzone. I'll edit my original post.
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:51
FUMBBL Staff

mister__joshua wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
- leave the End Zone;
- hand off the ball;
- pass the ball.

Sorry, I was implying that the vamp was outside the endzone. I'll edit my original post.

A failed blood lust roll changes the action to a move action (losing the original action for the turn), and a hand-off can't be done.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 16:59
FUMBBL Staff

Christer wrote:
A failed blood lust roll changes the action to a move action (losing the original action for the turn), and a hand-off can't be done.

You can still Block after a failed BL, I'm pretty sure? I don't play vamps much but seem to remember doing this. The OP said he still Blitzed. I thought the failed BL cancelled the action and allowed you to pick a new one, but you still had all the choices?

Another situation: A failed BL vamp chain-pushes the BC into the endzone. TD or not?

I'm not implying the client does these incorrectly. I don't know the answer from a CRP or client point of view. I should probably jump on the test client later Razz
tmoila

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

"The Vampire may continue with his declared Action or if he had declared a Block Action, he maytake a Move Action instead." "...before actually passing, handing off, or scoring, the vampire must feed." -Blood Lust skill description

So the only action that can be changed is block and that isn't mandatory.

mister__joshua wrote:

Another situation: A failed BL vamp chain-pushes the BC into the endzone. TD or not?

That's tricky. Chainpushing obviously leads to TD because it's not that player who has failed the bloodlust roll. Problem is:
Vampire must bite though and failing to bite leads to turnover. So does the score happen at the end of your turn(over) or does it lead to turnover but vampire team scores at the start of opponent's turn?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 17:10
FUMBBL Staff

tmoila wrote:
"The Vampire may continue with his declared Action or if he had declared a Block Action, he maytake a Move Action instead." "...before actually passing, handing off, or scoring, the vampire must feed." -Blood Lust skill description

Ah, ok makes sense. I see Angmarred said the same thing and I missed it. I thought the vamp completed his entire move before the bite.
 Jump to: