29 coaches online • Server time: 09:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 01:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Is there an option to use existing FUMBBL images (icons and player images) instead of uploading them?

Not at this time. At some point, I want this to be an option though. But I want to add it properly without rushing it through. As with a lot of other things, the user interface is a concern here and I really like the way the interface works now. It's clean and simple, and designing a proper search interface for player images is somewhat tricky. There are currently nearly 300 000 player images on the site, so you wouldn't want to try to find those without some form of search..

But some kind of "official images" set would be an option.. I'll think about it.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I have created a ruleset with custom rosters for the following group:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8818&op=view

At this stage, when I create a team for this league and click on the "race" it shows the Physique, Finesse, Utility page but no further information and I am unable to create a team.

edit: using ruleset 272.
edit 2: fixed link

Last edited by Tomay on Jun 20, 2016 - 06:33; edited 1 time in total
buuface

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Tomay when i click your link it just takes me to the main fumbbl 'groups' page, not to the specific group you just made
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick question concerning player icon files. Must they be in .gif format or is .png also an acceptable format for use in the fantasy football client?
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
sharkrudi wrote:
when we created a team with "create team for this league" on group page, why team are not automatically registered on this league without must coaches apply membership?

I would have thought that was fairly obvious. Creating a team for a league through the group page does not mean the league wants you to join.

Yes for that, final registration is for the admin of the league, it's just to simplify for subscription request in [TEAM] [APPLY MEMBERSHIP].
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Roland wrote:
Fyi, you have to upload iconm player pic and also choose skills, before doing anything else. Because otherwise the settings will be reset for the positional.

If you click save before adding pics ors skills it doesn't reset

Oohh..
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we have halfling chef discount added to team creation page of create ruleset in the same way necromancer and unread are listed?

Same for bribe discount

Last edited by Garion on Jun 20, 2016 - 10:48; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Since a 2nd rule set creator has been added to - rule set 69 I can no longer create teams, I can edit the existing ones, but when I type a new team name in and press enter nothing happens.

interestingly if I then click add existing roster it says 'error: 4 unable to create roster'

FYI - I tried using both safari and firefox, I also cleared cache and cookies

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

How can i create a new roster? The "create new roster" function on the ruleset page does not do anything for me. (I can select roster of others though through the other option.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it stopped working over night bghandras. It was working yesterday but I can't create either anymore.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, thanks for clarification. That makes sense.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Since a 2nd rule set creator has been added to - rule set 69 I can no longer create teams, I can edit the existing ones, but when I type a new team name in and press enter nothing happens.

interestingly if I then click add existing roster it says 'error: 4 unable to create roster'

FYI - I tried using both safari and firefox, I also cleared cache and cookies

I have the same problem... Wink
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Roland wrote:
It would be convenient if there were a way to go back to roster list from the roster page.

The reason it's not there is because it's not obvious where a "back" link would take you. For example, if I added a link that simply took you to the ruleset where the roster belongs, it would create a situation where you add an external roster to your team, click on it and then "back". It would take you to the ruleset that owns the roster you added rather than yours.

So, let's just add it to non-external rosters? That would make it essentially random as to when the link appears and when it doesn't. Plus, the roster page itself doesn't really know where you came from.

So, make it simply keep track of which roster you clicked the link from? Well, a direct link to a roster would become strange. A "back to ruleset" link would be hard to understand where it would take you since you may not have been on a roster before.

So, just make it go back in your browser history? Well, you have a back button on your browser already, and I don't need to add another one.

Yes, I'm being a bit extreme in these situations, but those are the concerns. It's important that links back and forth are clear where they point without generating more complexity into a system that's already pretty tough.

When making the UI, I made a conscious decision to not have a back link there because of these concerns. I'm not totally against adding a back link there, but my initial gut feeling was to not do it.

good point. I'd say back to ruleset, but I understand. Leave it as is now, as long as browsing back doesn't send any data 2nd time.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an update. I found the create team tick (or the top of it), it looks like its a layout issue. If I click on the very top of the click I can create a team but cannot see the bottom of the tick or the team name box.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 10:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
Just an update. I found the create team tick (or the top of it), it looks like its a layout issue. If I click on the very top of the click I can create a team but cannot see the bottom of the tick or the team name box.

It's a known issue. Make your browser window taller and it'll render properly. The problem shows up when the roster list is shorter than the team creation dialog. The footer of the site overlaps.
 Jump to: