24 coaches online • Server time: 05:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thom_Darkness

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Indulge me,

Rediscovered my copy of the Blood Bowl Star Players book Image last year during a house move.
Was always fascinated by the back cover image of the Albion Assassins up against Death Wish.

After a web trawl I discovered according to GalakStarscraper's museum page: http://www.midgardbb.com/BloodBowlMuseum.html the Assassins were one of Phil Lewis' pet creations, also known as the Sane Louis All-Stars and Albino Assassins.

However finding this dark-pro-elf roster here on the FUMBBL Secret League Classic page really peeked my interest:
https://fumbbl.com/help:AlbionA

I wanted to see how it would perform and after sussing out how to mod Cyanide's player data base I created a single player campaign on the hardest setting and got on with some casual play testing.

In all fairness BBCE's AI is not a consistently realistic challenge and once the team's TV got beyond the mid 1500s it all started to feel a little too over powered - especially when both catchers gained blodge.

For the most part I've enjoyed the experiment - but can't see myself completing the campaign - well not yet anyway.

I actually had more fun creating the custom elf skins Image but then it was the same twenty five years ago - the minis always got more of my attention than any tournament.

To end, I'd still like to try out the Assassins roster here on FUMBBL - but what are the chances?

Cheers,

T
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's a really really long story, but Secret League and Secret League Classic were created by Garion after a few of us started tinkering with rosters.

Garion mainly concentrated on the racial rosters though, and as it was so successful, I asked if I could have the reigns to Secret League Classic. My and Garion's motivations are different. Where Garion is creating a racial resource, I'm creating my own League, with teams I use.

However, I've found that it's not worth my time and effort updating SLC and I prefer to use Akarenton's site as a resource folder. Basically as I'm not an admin here now, it takes too long to get the pics approved (nothing against the admins, that's just how it is), a long time to code the pages, those pages are actually editable by anybody which is a problem for me and I'm not interested in receiving critical feedback, which there are many who are willing to give it. So.......SCL is in limbo.

However I am not. I've recently completed Norse Dwarf teams for example.

Anyway back on topic, I do most of my gaming on the old stand alone client. Where I run my own League. The Albion Assassins (I've redone the side view of the catcher since then) are part of my league and got promoted to the top division last season. Currently their roster looks like this:

1 Ice Cool Speed Thrower 6 3 4 7 pass, 2 2 70k
2 Sneer Fwel Blitzer 7 3 4 8 block, tackle, mighty blow, guard 1 5 11 1 43 100k
3 Fresh Drill Catcher 9 3 4 7 catch, jump up, +MA, dodge, block 9 4 3 36 100k
4 Yoko Taith Catcher 8 3 4 7 catch, jump up, dodge, block 10 3 1 1 26 100k
5 Mur Fruxl Blitzer 7 3 4 8 block, dodge, strip ball 1 4 3 19 100k
6 Elleth Blitzer 7 3 5 8 block, dodge, leap, +AG 4 6 3 1 33 100k
7 Abudl Quez Lineman 6 3 4 7 Dodge 5 1 1 13 60k
8 Chill Embrace Lineman 6 3 4 7 1 1 60k
9 Nwell Auderlay Lineman 7 3 5 7 +MA 4 1 9 60k
10 Rake cool Lineman 6 4 4 7 Block, +ST 5 2 1 2 23 60k
11 Talz Fjuel Lineman 6 3 4 7 Guard, block 3 2 3 24 60k
12 Talman Chill Blitzer 7 3 4 8 block, dodge, side step 2 5 1 19 100k
13 Evening Chill Lineman 6 3 5 7 +AG, dodge 7 1 1 1 17 60k
14 Orlek Frow Thrower 7 3 4 7 pass, dodge, +MA 14 2 20 70k
15 Yu Fear Key Lineman 6 3 4 7 Kick, 70k
16 Eye no Fear Lineman 6 3 4 7 60k

With 3 1 skill linemen on the injured list and a spare blitzer in reserve (special rule I use).

So overall they've done pretty well, my league does favour elves though.

Fluffwise, I should update that page, as it's does not really have the depth of how I imagine them.

Basically the information we have is this:

1. They're in Albion
2. They're dark evles in a small league (don't have my SP book with me so can't say which).
3. They use Elven figures not Dark Elf.

So fluffwise I used this and there was a very old warhammer book called 'Storm Warriors' about a group of Elves washed up on to Albion. At first it appeared they were good elves and in need of help. However as time went on it turned out that they were actually Dark Elves and showed their true evil intent.

So a mix between the 2 is good fluff for them I think. Storm Warriors with a BB twist. Not being washed up but coming to Albion to play BB and it not being clear whether they are dark or pro.

Iconwise they were one of my first batch and not particularly good. The actual greyish look to them was actually a mistake as I didn't understand how to use the channels properly. However it looked pretty cool, so I kept it! The plan is/was to do some blue hair ones for the away icons. Thus having the rainbow (but on 2 different strips home/away).

AS to whether you'll be able to play this roster on FUMBBL. Yes, Christer is working towards that and has started to release aspects of Custom League. However I doubt that would be soon.

Incidentally I have Death Wish too, they're currently placed 2nd in division 4. A very challenging roster, but are doing very well thanks to having all round regen and an apo!

Oh and I love your custom skin Cyanide Assassins!
Thom_Darkness

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

That is hella long story.

Balanced skill spread across your roster. Nice work.
*Very* similar to where I got with the Cyanide experiment - I choose to have a pair of blitzers that could tackle left and right, there's about the same amount of guard, but only one thrower, he got sure hands, accurate & dodge but sadly not as many stat ups overall.
Quote:
Oh and I love your custom skin Cyanide Assassins!

Thanks - I also made a wolfskins pack. I'll post the Dropbox link if you're interested.

Finally, you may or may not appreciate this Image for your stand alone client, it was one of my first test logos.

Nite,

T
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work HM, and you're more than welcome to keep making use of the Image Library.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thom_Darkness wrote:

Finally, you may or may not appreciate this Image for your stand alone client, it was one of my first test logos.

Nite,

T

Cool. Let's say that's the logo for them. I think if I have time today I'll update them a bit. Both here and on aka's site.
Thom_Darkness

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

@harvestmouse pleased you want to use the graphic.

Haven't read 'Storm Warriors' but the fluff piece I wrote for the 'Darkstar Druchii' sounds alot alike.
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=805366

The intention is to coach the roster as an old-school-nuts-and-bolts delf team, pre assassins and witch elves.

When life permits of course.

Best, T
 Jump to: