16 coaches online • Server time: 06:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Morgion

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

the most scariest coach is when i play a team with my chaos dwarves when we are pretty much equal (Rating) and having elves beat the shit out of them, that is scary *cries* Oh The Humanity.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO, it's not about fearing the coach.

Almost any coach can be a feared opponent provided that the match up is unbalanced(or the handicaps are brutal). There are a few coaches that are total jerks and inspire people not to play them again. That does not mean they are feared.

While a good coach may be a brutal lesson in blood bowl. In theory, every encounter will make you a better coach.
7 minute+ turns are frustrating. While I can on occassion understand the long contemplation of 'what the hell do I do here?'.

One reason you can't enforce a turn time limit is things like sidestep, diving tackle, pass block or apothocary decisions (using the currrent turn timer).
NGRI

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Being ferared as a coach and being avoided because of your tactics are two seperate things. I am happy to play a skilled coach even though I fear I will lose but I avoid coaches who are just out to destroy their opponents teams.

Last edited by NGRI on %b %26, %2004 - %22:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you read site policy on personal attacks? I suggest you do so.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Morgion wrote:
the most scariest coach is when i play a team with my chaos dwarves when we are pretty much equal (Rating) and having elves beat the shit out of them, that is scary *cries* Oh The Humanity.

A pain I know all too well. I'm thinking of starting a group for similarly scarred players. The nasty elveses hurts us.
locutus

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No personal attacks as mezir says. One thing is fearing a coach and a different one is a team build not to play but to destroy the other team. Not playing a team with 3 claws, 2 rsc, or x dirty players and with no sure hands on any player is not fearing a team, simply not playing the same kind of game. I try to win the games, if i dont have to worry about scoring cause the other player is not interested on stopping but killing my players, i prefer not to play that game. As simple as this.
MixX

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say starting a thread like this sort of invites to personal attacks.. not saying it's ok, but...
NGRI

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I appologize for making the personal attack.

Last edited by NGRI on %b %26, %2004 - %22:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I appologize for making the personal attack and ask that someone ini admin remove my offending post.

You can just edit it yourself

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

why dont u all jus stop fighting and bow down to me u know u want to, im the the most feared coach

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

*pokes drop dead with a stick*.... hm... stilll fresh...

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan wrote:
I like fouling.

LOL! We all know that Twisted Evil
quickie

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It's long time since the last was posting...

But what I really fear are players that fouls all the time because they got the ref. There is nothing to complain about, but when they don't even try to get the ball. after the half I asked one, why he had done this and he said for star player points. It was a game with my favorite team, I asked for a recovery game (because I had only 10 players left) and he killed me 3! And I won 2:0...
PLEASE SEND EVERY NEWBIE A MAIL THAT FOULING DOESN'T GIVE ANY SPPs! Shocked
Anyway, my team is almoust recovered and the other coach know now what he made wrong...
So no fear any more... Very Happy
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

He lost even vs 10 players and killing 3. He must be a real bad player even if he was right to foul. Even if it's a recovery.
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

PLEASE SEND EVERY NEWBIE A MAIL THAT FOULING DOESN'T GIVE ANY SPPs!

No sh-tt - I hate playing NOOBs for that reason. After they line up for the T8 foul you ask "why did you do that?" and they give you the "my player needed the SPPs" arguement.

You just roll your eyes, tell them to read the LRB, and move on.

Jump to: