46 coaches online • Server time: 17:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Already posted this on TFF but thought I'd do the same here in a new thread as the others were pretty inactive.

Was checking out Warseer and looks like some pics of the new models GW are working on have been posted.

Battle Bunnies site

More from the Sepulchre Of Heroes site

Looks like Humans and Orcs are well under way so I expect they will be in a new boxed set for sure. There's also concept art for Nurgle and Dwarfs.

No Sigmarines which is a good sign so maybe BB isn't getting the AoS treatment.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyanide artwork in the background, isn't it? Also they look very Cyanide inspired.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong work GW. Hit that hard right after the gift giving holiday season.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, didn't think I could get excited about the whole re-release thing, but after seeing such strong first efforts on the new minis I am!

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The ruleset is my great concern. :/
Brand new rules or just a reprint of CRP?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really not sure where they're going. They have to first consult the NAF. If they don't get them on board, I have no idea where they're going to go with this. If they don't, then most likely they'll follow Cyanide.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think resurrecting BBRC and continuing the work of CRP is coming.

And the rulechanges that we got in BB2 are probably what are going to be implemented at first.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:

And the rulechanges that we got in BB2 are probably what are going to be implemented at first.

Is this speculation or do you have an actual source Question
I'm very curious about what rules they will use.

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %02, %2016 - %18:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

GW BB bits have always been, in general, the prettiest and highest quality of all those available. Some new GW BB stuff to play with will be most welcome.

All of the rest of it, rumours and speculation over rules changes or 'revamps' is best left until we actually have some hard facts (I see some of this creeping in already as I write! Come on, we're better than TFF! Razz). I still haven't seen anything that suggests GW will deviate from the conservative, sensible business model of the oft-rumoured stripped back box with some new bits in it and a bit of wider mini support (i.e. not CRP, just some rules that only refer to what's in the box. BB 'lite', if you will). Then something else from the SG range gets a bump six months later. I will confess that, post Christmas holiday, enjoying some hyperbolic 'end is nigh' Internet speculation with a cup of tea and a biscuit might help keep spirits up. Smile

'I'm really not sure where they're going. They have to first consult the NAF.'

The Internet is a funny old place. I often read that GW (rather than an organisation making sensible business decisions about range rationalisation in a global financial meltdown) are actually worse than being caught in a lift on fire with One Direction while they expel tarantulas from their faces, they have done BB (pop music and building integrity, what else have you got?) more harm than good (if indeed they ever cared). I also read the NAF, a Blood Bowl coaches members club, get lots of criticism for not publicly sticking two fingers up to GW, producing their own blocking dice and writing their own rules, as if they very clearly have mandate to do so. That GW relationship doesn't matter a jot, they say. Screw 'em. How curious we're now in a position where the evil empire 'have' to talk to the ineptly organised fanbase who wouldn't say boo to a goose! Wink

I jest (and not at you, just with the image you conjured), but I do enjoy how badly the blindly flailing Internet judges Blood Bowl news and the organisations involved with the game. The truth about it all is far more positive, as probably will be these 2016 developments.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %02, %2016 - %18:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
most likely they'll follow Cyanide.

Commerical logic (and platform crossover potential) would suggest this.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I will enter the realm of total speculation.....

This is what seems logical to me.

Cyanide is the official "online" game of Blood Bowl. Based on what Garion said many months ago when he was shut out of BB2 development and the direction that Cyanide is going, here is what seems logical.

GW and Cyanide are now going for the big "money shot". They have new players playing on the cyanide client. So they will make a board game to go along with it to get even more money.

Now, if you are going to make a board game for the online game. It seems logical to me that they would use the exact same rules as found in BB2 for the complimentary product with minis for the board game.

There is no reason to have a new rule set or variant rule set for the re release of Blood Bowl board game. They would want it to go "hand in hand" with the Cyanide client rule set.

The target audience is the Cyanide player base and secondary to them is the TT gamers. So causing confusion with a updated and revised rule set would cause a massive disruption and questions. Like, why do you use this rule on Cyanide but my brand new board game version is totally different?

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
tmoila wrote:

Is this speculation or do you have an actual source Question
I'm very curious about what rules they will use.

Just speculation Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I'm really not sure where they're going. They have to first consult the NAF. If they don't get them on board, I have no idea where they're going to go with this. If they don't, then most likely they'll follow Cyanide.

I don't think that they really have to. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

'I'm really not sure where they're going. They have to first consult the NAF.'

The Internet is a funny old place. I often read that GW (rather than an organisation making sensible business decisions about range rationalisation in a global financial meltdown) are actually worse than being caught in a lift on fire with One Direction while they expel tarantulas from their faces, they have done BB (pop music and building integrity, what else have you got?) more harm than good (if indeed they ever cared). I also read the NAF, a Blood Bowl coaches members club, get lots of criticism for not publicly sticking two fingers up to GW, producing their own blocking dice and writing their own rules, as if they very clearly have mandate to do so. That GW relationship doesn't matter a jot, they say. Screw 'em. How curious we're now in a position where the evil empire 'have' to talk to the ineptly organised fanbase who wouldn't say boo to a goose! Wink

I jest (and not at you, just with the image you conjured), but I do enjoy how badly the blindly flailing Internet judges Blood Bowl news and the organisations involved with the game. The truth about it all is far more positive, as probably will be these 2016 developments.

Well let's look at reality here. We're going to have to at some stage.

I'm still of the mind of "Really...is this really happening?" Even with this latest bit of evidence, I'm still dubious that GW are going to go through with it.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Galak said not too long ago (quoting from memory) "There's no way GW would rerelease BB again with the game as it is with so many 3rd party manufacturers". And I totally agree, surely there is no way. The game has taken on it's own life, and removed itself from GW.

So........'if' GW were to bring it back, it really isn't financially feasible as it is right now. Also right now the biggest supporter of, i.e. they allow 3rd party manufacturers; is the NAF. And right now they are by far the biggest supporter of TT BB.

I cannot in anyway see the 2 scenarios to continue in the future. 1. The NAF to continue as they are. 2. GW to rerelease BB with a new range of figures. It just won't work.

Either they agree to co-exist. The NAF come back on board (remembering that the reason they stopped holding tournaments at GW world was because of the 3rd party manufacturers) or......GW have something up their sleeve.

So until I see some categorical evidence that GW are actually going to do BB again (rather than some sneaky rushed out teams) I'm not going to believe it. As right now I can't see how they can.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I am too fat and old to hold my breath longer than a few seconds so I am not going to get "excited" until my GW newsletter email tells me about something happening...

Happy New Year btw!