17 coaches online • Server time: 03:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello

What I'm looking for is some help, or motivation. However firstly let me explain about me.

I spend a lot of time creating things. In doing so I have created 'life' projects. Projects I intend to do that have no end.

Right now I have 4 projects. Stuff for my work. Creating new things for Blood Bowl. Making cars for a car racing game. And finally 'One Piece' (the Japanese animation) Blood Bowl.

The problem is the last one I've kind of had on hold for a long time and I haven't really got very far with it......well I have, I just haven't put it together.

So what I am looking for is people keen on Blood Bowl and a good knowledge of the One Piece world to help me basically to get my butt in gear with the project.

'If' there are any of you out there (even if you only wish to give help with advice) let me know on this thread.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %08, %2016 - %15:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Premise:

One Piece Bowl would be a 'hero hammer' style game. A bit like mid 90s Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, where the heroes are all important and the linemen really are fodder.

There would be 2 rulesets.

An RPG style ruleset where you take control of the strawhats and play against harder and harder crews.

A multi-player ruleset where you take control of a random crew and build a team around your captain.

This in all probability will not make it to FUMBBL. For a few reasons.

1. It needs a fully custom client.
2. The icons are too big for a standard sized pitch, but are bitmap.
3. Eventually, I'd like to get the icons being action icons (so far I haven't got them working).

So.......it would look a little like a nintendo style game with moving icons (eventually hopefully).

Anyway.......if anybody really wanted to play it, most likely the only option is the lrb4 client and a screen (a laptop screen would probably be too small). The lrb4 client, doesn't take modern java. So to play this, would be a pain and......you most likely you wouldn't have anybody to play against.

Unless the FB client stayed bitmap and did a large screen.

What I need initially are 2 things.

1. Help polishing the rules.
2. Knowledge of One Piece characters (extensive knowledge) to help me group them in order of power.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %08, %2016 - %16:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

1 player game:

You take control of the Strawhat Pirates (but play yourself) and play against harder and harder crews. As you progress, more of the Strawhat pirates join your crew. So the first match (vs Alvida) it would be you, Luffy and a legal team.

Making a team:

A team consists of the following and must have 16 players:

You
A boat
A cannon
Ships captain (in this case Luffy)
Characters
Make weights (the guys that get torn apart with ease every episode).

You
You start off with the stats of any CRP legal player you wish. You may skill up normally as per LRB4. You may use any icon you wish to represent you, but anime style icons will look better.

Boat
The boat is the most important player on the field. If your boat is sunk (RIP), you automatically lose the match. If you cannot field your boat for a drive or it is out for the rest of the match, you lose 2 TDs.

Boat stats are 1 7 1 11

Cannon
You also get a free cannon piece.

Cannon stats are 1 3 4 9 bomb

You may combine your boat and cannon into one piece if you like.

Boat/cannon stats are:

1 7 4 11

Ships captain

In this case it is Luffy. If Luffy dies, he automatically comes back for the next game.

Luffy can skill up as per lrb4. If Luffy dies, he comes back as a rookie.

Characters: As per Luffy, if they die they come back automatically, however they lose any skills.

MNG/Perms: You may sack any piece and replace them. However they comeback as rookies.

Make weights

The rest of the team (up to 16) is made up of make weights. Make weight stats are a human lineman -1 for every stat.

So 5 2 2 7. They can skill up, but stop at 3 skills. They have hmmmmm A access? And GPSM on doubles.

Continue until you have defeated all pirate crews.

Multiple player League game:

This is a bit trickier because you get a ships captain at random. However the earlier you would join a league, the weaker the captain you get. So as teams progress they get better.

Crew:

You can purchase crew available in 'the shop' at shop price, or you can purchase crew off of other players at an agreed price.

If you purchase a crew member who actually serves under your captain in the anime/manga, you only pay 50%. If you are purchasing off of another player, you pay 50% and the other 50% is paid by the World Government/Yonkai. This is promoting correct crew members.

Example: The Sun Pirates decide to buy Hachi from Impel Down. As the Sun Pirates have Arlon as their captain, they can purchase Hachi 50% less than the agreed price. The Sun Pirates and Impel Down agree to a price of 110k for Hachi. Impel Down receive 110k, however The Sun Pirates only have to play 55K. The Yonkai fund the other 55k

Coach to coach sale check list:
Can I sell a captain to another crew? Only if you have a second character who can be a captain.
Can I sell basic crew to another crew? Yes. Do they keep their skills? Yes.
Can I sell special characters to another crew? Yes. Do they keep their skills? No.
Do special character/captain discounts apply? Yes.

Points scoring

Win game 4 points
Draw game 2 points
Lose game 1 point

Ship damage:
If you cannot field your ship due to damage caused by the opposition crew (ko, bh, mng) there is a 1 point swing around. Example: The game is drawn 1-1 (2 points each), however CP9, koed Water7s ship. This would mean CP9 would get 3 points and Water7 1 point.

If your ship is taking serious water with hull damage (mng) there is a one point swing around for your next game too.

If your ship is sunk (killed) there is a 3 point swing around. Example: Red Hairs beat Kuja pirates 3-0 in the game, so the points score is 4-1 to the Red Hairs. However Kuja Pirates sunk Red Hairs ship, so with the 100% swing around in points the points score is Red Hairs 1 Kuja Pirates 4.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %08, %2016 - %18:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Place holder
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Place holder
harvestmouse

Place holder
harvestmouse

Place holder
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

As in Luffy, Sanji and the rest of the straw hats?

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"One piece" Blood Bowl. Is that like Blood Tennis?

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

isn't blood bowl played with eleven pieces each?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:
As in Luffy, Sanji and the rest of the straw hats?

Yes.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG harvestmouse you still claim you aren't fumbbl of the year? Everyone who didn't vote for you is clearly wrong.

What are we trying to do here precisely? Create one piece themed rosters or a whole new ruleset based on BB?

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

What are we trying to do here precisely? Create one piece themed rosters or a whole new ruleset based on BB?

Premise:

One Piece Bowl would be a 'hero hammer' style game. A bit like mid 90s Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, where the heroes are all important and the linemen really are fodder.

There would be 2 rulesets.

An RPG style ruleset where you take control of the strawhats and play against harder and harder crews.

A multi-player ruleset where you take control of a random crew and build a team around your captain.

This in all probability will not make it to FUMBBL. For a few reasons.

1. It needs a fully custom client.
2. The icons are too big for a standard sized pitch, but are bitmap.
3. Eventually, I'd like to get the icons being action icons (so far I haven't got them working).

So.......it would look a little like a nintendo style game with moving icons (eventually hopefully).

Anyway.......if anybody really wanted to play it, most likely the only option is the lrb4 client and a screen (a laptop screen would probably be too small). The lrb4 client, doesn't take modern java. So to play this, would be a pain and......you most likely you wouldn't have anybody to play against.

Unless the FB client stayed bitmap and did a large screen.

What I need initially are 2 things.

1. Help polishing the rules.
2. Knowledge of One Piece characters (extensive knowledge) to help me group them in order of power.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I can do 1. and I definitely have 2.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2016 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I can help with the power levels