19 coaches online • Server time: 04:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ONe of the rules of this site is that we need to "play to win." This is a good rule, and I agree with it, and I think that it should be enforced.

HOwever, how come ignoring the score, and trying only to destroy the other player's team, especially the other player's best players, specifically piling on and fouling legends while ignoring the ball and a chance to score is not considered a violation of this rule? The only point being to do as much damage as possible to the other player's team, and if possbile, destroy their best players. THis is not in a league setting, where one could conceivably say that they may not want to face those players again.

I know that odds are 51% of the responses are going to be "lol, kill all menz". But this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

aA rule on this site and community is being blatantly, gleefully ignored, and it is allowed as long as the rule is being broken in a "macho" manner.

Last edited by Pentalarc on %b %28, %2016 - %18:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You are right.

You won't get anywhere with this, but you are right.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pentalarc wrote:
I know that odds are 51% of the responses are going to be "lol, kill all menz". But this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

I'm not a fan of the subjectivity of these kinds of rules. I think the primary purpose of this rule is to prevent cheating and noncompetitive play is rather considered as a violation by extension to cover a wider range of cases.

I don't think there is something like a common standard on how these rules are enforced within the administration but my take on it would be to be very careful about sanctioning in game decisions. Matters like coaching capabilities also become a factor, oddly also the coaching limits of the administration become relevant in executing such a rule.
I think it's very messy.
I think it should be only sanctioned when the behavior raises the suspicion of a potential approach of cheating and not in any other case.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Your conception of "winning" is not the same as theirs....

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in many cases it is mandatory to do so.
Just imagine you have take out the OT Gutter or the CPOMB Mutant ... It's a tactic for trying to win, usually ..
That means ignore the ball and try get them seriously out... or you will lose the game or tie.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It's blood bowl.

It's BLOOD bowl.

Embrace the violence.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You're going to have to name names and point to games.

Otherwise people will just say removing players is a route to winning the game.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

If I do so, I would be accused of "naming and shaming" which is against the rules of the site and community. I follow the rules of the site and community.

Hypothetical example (which will not lead to anything in question here) Team A scores a TD. Team B concentrates only on destroying Team A. Team A has played to win, Team B has not.

The rule needs to be enforced.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I play norse in League, and sometimes my best strategy to win against elves (especially when they have a wiz) is to ignore the ball, kill all players, go down 1-0, and then pull back two to win in full time.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Pentalarc wrote:
koadah wrote:

If I do so, I would be accused of "naming and shaming" which is against the rules of the site and community. I follow the rules of the site and community.

Hypothetical example (which will not lead to anything in question here) Team A scores a TD. Team B concentrates only on destroying Team A. Team A has played to win, Team B has not.

The rule needs to be enforced.

Then you had best sent a support ticket.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So I did check your latest games. The most recent one you lost 0:3 and recieved 7 cas. That for instance wouldn't qualify as non compeititve because your opponent scored even 3 times. Which is a lot.
If CAS helped him along the way he did everything right.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Fill in a ticket to get an answer.

You have to keep in mind that we generally don't interfere with playstyles, skill choices, selection of races, team management, selection of opponents, etc, etc...
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:

You have to keep in mind that we generally don't interfere with playstyles, skill choices, selection of races, team management, selection of opponents, etc, etc...

Except with certain unloved coaches who try to maximize the SPP output in a tournament?
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

Except with certain unloved coaches who try to maximize the SPP output in a tournament?

Love all menz!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

That's filed under obscenity for "masturbating in a public place"
 Jump to: