47 coaches online • Server time: 16:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the various options for physical traits it seems to me that many are simply not an option.

How many chaos players take two heads or extra arms the moment they roll a double? Just to name two as an example.

Would it be an idea to alter some of these 'underpowered' physical traits into physical skills?

I'd say myself with the added restriction that you can only choose these physical skills only if you have no mutation and/or stat increase already.

Would this make Chaos/Skaven teams more diverse or are there some hidden loopholes I did not see?

We are considering to implement this in our league but I'd like to hear what other bloodbowl addicts think of it.

If you happen to agree; which of the physical could be 'lowered' into skills?

Obviously Claw/RSF/FA/tentacles should remain traits but what about the rest?

Constructive input appreciated.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe instead of being able to choose your mutation... like deciding to grow claws.... you should just select "mutuation" and let the site choose a random mutation for you. I always thought a beast being able to choose what his mutation was going to be was a little strange.
Kenty

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

"mutuation" could also be translated into "mutation".... and yes... english is my first language. I'm so ashamed.
Muldvarpen

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea Kenty. would make some funny teams.

I also think, is a player gets more than 2 mutations, he should get Foul Aperence automaticly. A gutten runner with very long legs, two heads and an extra head would be soooo ugly.
Ash

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yep! i was always in favor of random mutation... will be a good answer to bashy claw/RSC team and powered gutter runner...

But it s not "LRB"...

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

it would probably be a big disadvantage to chaos teams, without their 'bashyness' theyre underpowered, even by orcs who have TTM to boot.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

That is not a bad idea. Keep them all as traits and then add a random mutation skill which gives a random mutation for a regular skill roll.
Uber

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't want to see random mutations because I don't think people would choose them anymore. Would you take a chance of getting some useless mutation like tentacles on your gutter runner? The skill thing would be nice, I'd seriously consider giving a beastman extra arm to turn him into a catcher. However, here is not the right place to ask for that.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We could put it in DivX and see what happens...

Aries

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

what i think they are suggesting is keep traits how they are and add an extra choice for when you dont roll doubles to take "random mutation" as a standard skill and if you roll doubles you take any mutation you want.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see a league where all skill rolls were random. That would make for some truly interesting teams. If total randomness is too harsh, you could have weighted randomness. (i.e. The chance of getting a skill in a certain category is weighted by the number of SPPs the player has in that category. ) So most of your SPP are from accurate pass completions? Then the random roll is weighted more towards passing skills, but there is still a chance to randomly get other skills. Still too harsh? Maybe you get three random skills rolls and pick the one you like out of the three. This way you still get a choice, although limited.
This increased book keeping so IRL leagues might not like it. But for an automated league using software it would be quite interesting.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

that sounds like a very fun idea, but only if it was weighted as you said, obviously a hrower who throws more withh more likely get more skilled at passing, IMO it would mean that tactics and skill would play more of a part than team development, but it would be an interesting way to play
origami

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I could just see somebody ending up with a dauntless, NOS mummy.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

This certainly falls in the NFF category (Not For FUMBBL) but there was an interesting idea on TBB (ages ago, I forget who to credit and I'm too lazy to search).

Basically giving Extra Arms an additional +1 to pickup the ball and Two Heads an extra +1 to intercept. Not a big deal, but brings them a bit closer to the rest of the mutations.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

A Side Step Accurate Shadowing tree would be handy. Shocked
 Jump to: