58 coaches online • Server time: 11:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I really like this team, they have a history and they are veterans of many battles, but maybe time has come for them to quit. In last game their blodger ball carrier was blitzed, pow, killed, did not regenerated. Fact is I have no money to buy another Pestigor because it does not matter if I win or lose, spiraling expenses (a stupid rule IMO) always steals my money after every game so the team has no gold at all. In this situation I am thinking to retire them, but first I want to ask for the opinion of most expert coachs: what would you do with a team like this? Keep or retire?

Thanks if you will answer.

Last edited by Crook666 on Feb 07, 2016 - 23:41; edited 1 time in total
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

as someone who has rage retied several teams and regretted it, keep them. if you do end you retiring them, take plenty of time to consider it first.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

well man this is not about rage, more about the fact that in the long run the team cannot last because the constant lack of money. I would be interested in see if someone found himself in a similar situation and what he did.
jdm

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact you're considering it rather than just doing it means you shouldn't do it. Take a break, play a different team and see how you feel in a few days.

Oh wait, you wanted expert coach opinion. Ignore everything I said Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Spiralling expenses is stupid rule, but that team is in no way in retiring condition

-unless rage retired

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely wouldn't retire them. One option, if you wanted to drop a little TV; you could lose a reroll. You have a Leader, so you'd still have 3, and you'd hopefully get a few more games in a lower SE bracket...

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle can always recover. If a team has over 100 games, I think you would regret retiring them. Imagine you have Germanic blood for 20 seconds instead of Latin and you'll see the light.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Nurgle can always recover. If a team has over 100 games, I think you would regret retiring them. Imagine you have Germanic blood for 20 seconds instead of Latin and you'll see the light.

really did not like the "blood" thing. But it's you, so I can't expect anything different.

Last edited by Crook666 on Feb 07, 2016 - 23:57; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

never retire teams you like

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

really did not like the "blood" thing. But it's you, so I can't expect anything different.

Do you understand the meaning?
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't play Nurgle, but that's still a totally viable team in my opinion. You've got a few players worth building around, including the two +ST guys and the skilled up block beast, and given what a nuisance it is to build Nurgle (particularly the beasts and warriors), that's nothing to sneeze at. I mean, you've lost only one of your last 9 games.

That much having been said, if you're set on rebuilding your treasury, you might have to prune some guys. I can see a few candidates: 180k is a lot to pay for a Pestigor with block, dodge and tackle (plus a -MA cancelled out by injury.) You're carrying 14 players, which is a lot for a Ranked team, and could easily cut back on a rotter or two. If I was being ruthless, I'd also take a look at the +MA warrior, though you presumably wanted to give him +MA, and it seems like a shame to give up on a guy with no injuries and 100+ games, especially given that (again) warriors are a nuisance to skill up.

I mean, personally I wouldn't worry too much in general. Look at it this way: 1. You don't have money, but you have plenty of players. 2. If you don't lose players, you don't need money. (The only thing you'd really want to buy is a fourth pestigor, and even with spiraling expenses, you'll work your way up there soon enough.) 3. If you do lose a significant number of players, you won't have spiraling expenses any more, so you'll accumulate money. In short, you'll be fine.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You're only losing 30k to spiralling. Not that bad really. A few games, less if you win and you'll have your fourth back.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If the inability to procure a new pesti puts this even debatably in the retire camp maybe you should. I don't see it but I also refuse to retire teams.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
never retire teams you like

This +1,000,000

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you should step away from playing the game in general for awhile and just recharge. Then come back with a fresh outlook, I think you are just a little burned out.
 Jump to: