35 coaches online • Server time: 16:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've kept the Arboron Furies around through many rebuilds, so it can be done. (Wood elves, so more expensive and fragile than Nurgle)
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely it's better to fire a player or two first and rebuild like that than retire totally when Nurgle take a while to skill up? Maybe the niggled Rot and the -MA/+MA Pest for a few games. save up and then buy two new pests once you can afford them and have enough to replace any one positional?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Crook666 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Nurgle can always recover. If a team has over 100 games, I think you would regret retiring them. Imagine you have Germanic blood for 20 seconds instead of Latin and you'll see the light.

really did not like the "blood" thing. But it's you, so I can't expect anything different.

Do you understand the meaning?

Hey Crook, I feel a bit uncomfortable about this. I think you didn't understand my meaning.

Simply Germanic and Latin people have very different characteristics. That is fact. Which is better? Some ways Latin and some ways Germanic.

I simply meant that because you have lived in Germanic countries for the last few years, that to use that 'Germanic' experience to make a decision for your team.

Germanic - head Latin - heart.

I truly didn't mean any offence to you or Latin people.

Peace
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with what the other said, especially Ahalfling and Pyth. Don't retire them. In fact I am surprised that you even consider retiring them. Even without the 4th Pesti they are fine. Maybe mdd31 is right and you just need a break.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The time taken to skill up those Warriors makes the team worth keeping (plus the fact you have invested all that time for fullf). You don't NEED a 4th pesti, just carry with the Block mighty blow ones for now. You can earn money and skill them up quicker. The +MA/-MA pesti is a shame but you you can retire him once you get enough cash to replace, which will happen quicker now your TV has dropped a bit.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
The time taken to skill up those Warriors makes the team worth keeping (plus the fact you have invested all that time for fullf). You don't NEED a 4th pesti, just carry with the Block mighty blow ones for now. You can earn money and skill them up quicker. The +MA/-MA pesti is a shame but you you can retire him once you get enough cash to replace, which will happen quicker now your TV has dropped a bit.

+1

I'd probably drop the injured pestigor but otherwise you are fine. Once you do get the money to buy a new pestigor you can build him as a ball carrier - block, sure hands, two heads, extra arms etc. but in the mean time using your block, mighty blow pestigors will help skill them up quicker.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep!

Also: rewrite that match report, you sore loser!

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep them for sure. One thing you might want to consider is to fire all injured players, both now and in the future. A healthy team has less chance to get into trouble with expenses.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

don't.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Crook666 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Nurgle can always recover. If a team has over 100 games, I think you would regret retiring them. Imagine you have Germanic blood for 20 seconds instead of Latin and you'll see the light.

really did not like the "blood" thing. But it's you, so I can't expect anything different.

Do you understand the meaning?

Hey Crook, I feel a bit uncomfortable about this. I think you didn't understand my meaning.

Simply Germanic and Latin people have very different characteristics. That is fact. Which is better? Some ways Latin and some ways Germanic.

I simply meant that because you have lived in Germanic countries for the last few years, that to use that 'Germanic' experience to make a decision for your team.

Germanic - head Latin - heart.

I truly didn't mean any offence to you or Latin people.

Peace

Latins were way more civilized than Germanic people, do you remember the Roman Empire?
Western civilization was heavily influenced by Rome,
we had marble thermae and buildings, advanced sewer system, a great network of roads and the most organized and efficient army when Germanic barbaric tribes still lived in wood huts.
Lot of the words you use when you write in English have their etymologic root in Latin, many months of the calendar we still use today have Latin origin, not to mention the Roman law, another heavy influence on the western laws.
This Germanic-Latin blood thing you brought is terrible, Latins were way more pragmatic and rational than Germanic people.
Pax.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would whether one is emotional or not have a bearing on whether one can forge and empire or build a house better than others? This is about emotional characteristics not practical or intelligence characteristics.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Why would whether one is emotional or not have a bearing on whether one can forge and empire or build a house better than others? This is about emotional characteristics not practical or intelligence characteristics.

To build a lasting empire you need logistics and organization, to have logistics and organization you need intelligence and a rational approach.
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the team, for sure. As far as the rebuild goes, I would decide which players are a) uninjured and b) difficult to replace. Looking at what you have in your roster right now I would say that only Nightmare Wayne and Benny the Beast are essential to keep. Everyone else could be fired to lower your TV and help you to start earning money again. You're up above 2000 TV and (as I'm sure you already know) it's really, really difficult to keep the cash flow going at that level.

That's my two cents.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:

To build a lasting empire you need logistics and organization, to have logistics and organization you need intelligence and a rational approach.

And why do you think those things mutually exclusive? Why does being more emotional mean one can't build a stone house instead of a mud one? Or can't organise providing supplies for an army?
mdd31

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
Keep!

Also: rewrite that match report, you sore loser!

+1

That match report is low class and there is no reason for you to demean the other coach. You had every advantage in that game and it didn't go your way. It happens. Stop whining and get over the loss of ONE PLAYER. Nuffle happens.
 Jump to: