66 coaches online • Server time: 20:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
latulike

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2016 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
**Breaking News**

The main draw will take place tonight but the officials from the CoS have been seen scratching their heads.

It appears that only 5 of the finalists have shown up so far....

Have the qualifiers taken a mighty toll on the teams in question?
Have they got lost on the way to register for the main event?
Are they simply too scared to show up?

Only time will tell.

Remember ALL finalists must apply to the main group to be eligible to play in the CoS main draw.

Got to admit I love to see you take time to write a reminder to subscribe on a general forum, but not send any PM to the single 8 coaches left in the major draw.

Got to admit I love to see my team being ejected because I was apparently late but couldn't have a chance at "knowing-it-all" about the what to do's when it's your first time.

Got to admit this décision kicks ass (wait only mine). Great shot for the sport here, let the runner UPS win!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

latulike wrote:

Got to admit I love to see you take time to write a reminder to subscribe on a general forum, but not send any PM to the single 8 coaches left in the major draw.

Got to admit I love to see my team being ejected because I was apparently late but couldn't have a chance at "knowing-it-all" about the what to do's when it's your first time.

Hey now, if you need somebody to blame for not holding your hand, you should blame me really. EA is just the nice guy who helped everyone out anyways, who didn't apply.

Perhaps you aren't aware of this but there are technical limitations we have to operate in, which are very similar to the restrictions any mod of a private league runs into too.

One of these limitations is that it is impossible to accept a team to a group that isn't ready to play.

If you are uncertain with the timing, just remember that all official deadlines are always Wedensdays, 10pm BB-time.

Rest assured that these cases as they come up are subject to lengthy discussion in the tournament staff.

From an administrative point of view please understand it is rather difficult to track each individuals progress in the tournament and to keep the final winners informed ahead of time of what they have to do. Mind you, the closer the message to the deadline, the less impact it would have. The situation is equally frustrating for coaches who miss it.

There is a general understanding that the information of what you have to do should be readily available to you and we will be working on improving the layout to avoid incidences like that in the future, although we will probably at no point be able to guarantee that things like this won't happen at all.

My understanding is that the situation has been created in the course of doing these additional 3 games you are allowed to do, which caused you to miss the deadline. Currently it is in discussion to remove them and hopefully this source of error won't be an issue anymore.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
My understanding is that the situation has been created in the course of doing these additional 3 games you are allowed to do, which caused you to miss the deadline. Currently it is in discussion to remove them and hopefully this source of error won't be an issue anymore.

Nope, last opponent for Incoming Nightmare is Love Boat the runner up. No prep games played in this instance.

Join the Human League Premiership!
tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

As a cåach of the dork Elven team, I must say that it is really disturbing that people who manage to win the qualifiers can actually be not fully aware of the requirements of getting in to the main finals.

Like... how is that even possible?? Ain't it labelled clearly enough to the tournament pages? Or is it, in case of doubt, not possible to contact admins?

lol

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It's happened before, and will happen again.

I'm just glad its not isolated to B tournaments - imagine the taunts and insults our R brothers would fire our way if it was a B only problem. Very Happy

tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Tournament scene needs more actual banter between coaches. Current polite british approach is so dull and boring.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

*** Blasensky from the CoS quarter finals ***

The first quarter final has been played and it's the first surprise, Blood Bowl fans! The Sons of Brutus eliminate the Pro Vamps in overtime. HLP triumphes over ARR. And what a game it's been! Pitch invasions, riots, AG6 magic, Zara the Slayer, at one point five Vampires on the pitch but no Thralls... a great evening for the fans! Humans reaching for the stars and who is to say they can't in this amazing Crown of Sand?
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Tournament scene needs more actual banter between coaches. Current polite british approach is so dull and boring.

Good luck with your game tmoila, I hope to wake up and see dorfs eliminated.

tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

*ahem*

Yes, tonight at 17:00

"rather plain" dark elves

WOEFUL WONDERS

face the deathrolling dwarves

MEKTUMMYS

Place your bets on how many turns deathroller stays on pitch, I'd say 2. Or 3.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck! Let's make that Elfbowl final happen! Wink
tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

had to find rules of concession before clicking no...

stupid concession rules

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans and HElfs supporting dark elfs (making a notice in my book of grudges) one more stop to meet you
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:

had to find rules of concession before clicking no...

stupid concession rules

I clicked "yes" for you but it doesn't seem to have worked. Sad
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah you want smack talk tmoila? Well if you invite it. Stop being such a drama queen! Twisted Evil
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

*** Blasensky from the CoS quarter finals ***

Here we are again, Blood Bowl fans, and two more quarter finals have been played. In yesterday's late night match, Schnucken walked over Love Boat in what can only be described as a massacre. One Hobgoblin and two Chaos Dwarves dead, one of them a legend CPOMBer. No losses for Chaos, who were passing the ball back and forth like Elves at one point. Nothing to see there, move on, move on.

On Saturday already, Mektummys defeated the Woeful Wonders 2-1. The Dark Elves chose to push for an early score on their offence in 2nd half, perhaps to make true on their coach's boast that the deathroller would remain on the pitch no more than 2 or 3 turns. That they achieved, but too much went wrong on their defence to stop the subsequent Dwarf drive. When the Wizard failed, coach tmoila threw his hands in the air in a gesture that made the Rise Like a Phoenix fans shout a collective „OH MYYY“ and called for a concession. However, the team lawyers were able to stop him after a quick examination of the rules tome.

So the first semi final is Dwarves vs. Chaos. Back to business as usual in the Box Majors? The remaining quarter final between Nurgle and High Elves will be played on Tuesday night, exact time of the kick-off yet to be determined.
 Jump to: