76 coaches online • Server time: 23:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

We need more baller/elf races, so I figure this would be a good start. Basically a combo of all the other elf races plus a gutter runner.

Race Name: Light Elves

# Cost Name Skills MA AG ST AV
0-16 80K Lineman Wrestle 6 4 3 8
0-2 100K Catcher Catch, Dodge 8 4 2 8
0-2 120K Blitzer Block, Frenzy 8 4 3 8
0-1 120K Passer Pass, Accurate 6 4 3 8
0-1 110K Sky RunnerDodge, Sidestep 9 4 2 7

Reroll: 140K
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In before WTF that's OP as EF!!!
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why they are more expensive. But we need to balance out the basher teams somehow:)
Wex

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting - 1 million
2 rerolls - 140k, 860k remaining.
11 linemen - 880k, too expensive.

1 reroll - 70k
11 linemen, 880k
950k. 50 k for upgrades.

You can get basically 9 linemen a catcher and a runner
9 linemen and 2 catchers
10 linemen and a blitzer
10 linemen and a passer
or 11 linemen and an apo.

These are elves, so presumably all of them have GA access.

An entire team of ST4 AG3 linemen with wrestle is pretty viable. I'd play it. I think it'd be pretty damn ridiculously good.

Compare:

6 4 3 8 + Wrestle, GA access - 80k.
6 4 3 9 , GSM access, - 100k.

-Wrestle -A access + AV + SM access = 20k?

Or a better comparison:

6 4 3 8 + Wrestle, GA access - 80k.
6 4 1 9, GS access - 80k.

S vs A access, assume equivalent weight.

You're granting them +2 AG and wrestle at the cost of -1 AV. Balance is not done by generating a team that can outbash everyone simply by existing.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you saying it is or isn't balanced?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not balanced. There isn't really a need for more Elven rosters, though I don't see the harm in adding one. It's overdescribed. It has no fluff. It has little connection to Elves as they are described as a race. It has no synergy. It has......little thought input.

I dislike it with passion.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe if he'd listed the ST and AG the right way round it would look better.

MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a lot of knowledge of Warhammer fluff, but I still like creating races*shrug*
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, let's break it down. See if we can make something out of this.

A few questions.

1. What are 'light' Elves?
2. Elven linemen are described as having stats of 6348 with the following exceptions:
Wood Elves use less armour and therefore have higher speed.
Pro Elves are not funded and cannot afford armour of the quality of their HE/DE counterparts. Therefore it has the same weight but less protection.

Why have you given your linemen wrestle? No other elven lineman has wrestle.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

1. The opposite of dark elves:)
2. I happen to like the skill and figure adding it and making linemen more expensive wouldn't hurt.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Well elves are naturally the lightest of creatures. So a light elven theme would have to be extremely virtuous. Frenzy is a player in a berserk state, so initially that is at odds. A religious zealot could have frenzy, but is that really an Elven characteristic?

Would an Elven team that is the purest of heart be berserk? I dunno, maybe but it doesn't seem Elven to me.

Why are Dark Elves, Dark Elves? They were originally Elven that fell under the lure of an evil/chaotic god. There hearts became dark. This is a dark shroud over the Elven race. There is reasoning for them being 'dark' elves.

2. This seems to be the modern way of thinking and frankly it's a bit crap.

You have to have a reason for them having Wrestle. And by that I don't mean coming up with the skill and then thinking errrrr ok lets add this for a reason, clip on skills don't fit well. I.e. it's obvious you've just come up with reasoning. When you do this, it starts to lose it's magic and believe-ability.

It's not easy coming up with a new idea that is fun, original and still fits with what is existing.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe take off Frenzy on Blitzers and either add Stand Firm or just leave it one skilled and make it a little less expensive.

I could remove Wrestling if it doesn't fit with the theme. But I thought it might fit as a modern skill for a new race.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the frenzy could work, but it depends on the theme you see.

The reason we have frenzy is to describe a berserk state. Basically in Warhammer there is a frenzy skill, that is totally negative.

Units have to follow up and they have to move towards the nearest opponent.

What frenzy describes in BB is a player that isn't of a safe state of mind. They are in someway intoxicated with the lust to kill, so much so that an unsuccessful hit will be followed up by another. Frenzy players we have:

Witch Elf: The Witch Elf is a female cultist that has become the bride of Khaine. He is the god of murder, and the lust to murder is intoxicating.

Werewolf: The Werewolf is a creature that has lost its mind to the moon. He can no longer act like a human being and howls and kills in a frenzied state.

Minotaurs: Minotaurs are a creature that is always in an enraged state. Imagine a bull that feels the need to charge all the time. The lust to kill is extremely high in this creature with permanent anger.

Troll Slayer: The Troll Slayer is Dwarf with a shameful past. He no longer fits into to Dwarf society so he has become a zealot. Intent in finding redemption by being killed. In doing so his sane mind is lost as he fights the biggest of creatures in the hope of death.

Norse berserker/blitzers/Ulfs: They are the natural berserkers. Intoxicated by alcohol they have driven themselves into a state of frenzy.

Wild Animal type creatures: Rather stupid and prone to direction these type of creatures are extremely bestial. Driven into a state of frenzy they become uncontrollable and intent on only murder.

So.........how would an elf fit into this motley list, especially one of virtue? I'm not saying he couldn't but would it fit.

How about something like:

Light Elf Blitzers 7 3 4 8 Block, Frenzy

Being completely and totally virtuous isn't easy, not even for an elf. In Elven society elves are meant to try all aspects of life and culture. However for those that stay on the path of the light (virtuous) too long will only find torment.

Stuck on the aspect of the virtuous for too long has driven these elves incredibly. They are so intent on slaying creatures that are not virtuous it has driven them into a berserk state that only become alive on the Blood Bowl field.

Off the field they are moody and sullen. On the field they become a beacon to the team. With a shrill scream like a banshee they leap into battle and ridding the world of foul creatures without virtue.

That would work? Speedwise they'd have to be ma7/av8 or ma8/av7. You have to give up armour for speed.

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
I could remove Wrestling if it doesn't fit with the theme. But I thought it might fit as a modern skill for a new race.

As of yet we don't have a theme, just a name.

Also this isn't a new race. Elves are an established race.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I meant sub race.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok how are they different to High Elves? High Elves are high in nobility, high in culture and high in virtues. What makes Light Elves different? Aren't they describing the same?
 Jump to: