48 coaches online • Server time: 19:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Greenhorne

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

HI all.

New here but not exactly new to Blood Bowl.

Played a little tabletop ( Chaos because i had a bunch of free plastic minis ) way back when....And I have had a few forays into the computerized version.

Stunty looks like a blast but I'm a little unsure how find a match. (exhibition games would be preferred until I have the interface and basics of my team down)

knowing my luck there's a topic with all this information somewhere on the forum I missed...
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me be the first to say: You want help. Meaning help, the thing labeled help it helps you. If questions remain, ask the specifics. Oh, and not to me, I know nothing. But welcome, and don't start with stunty. Learn the client a bit first. But again, I could be wrong... I'm just a fish/cat.

https://fumbbl.com/help:CRP

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I went through all that...I don't have any specific questions...well yet anyway....other than how to find stunty matches...

does gamefinder apply to stunty?

I'm working on putting together another less interesting team for regular games...but I'll admit stunty was the main draw that brought me here....
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Gamefinder applies to Stunty, yes Smile
Badoek

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes gamefinder works for Stunty.
I suggest you start here at Club 145 though. If you're not new to BB then you shouldn't need it for long. Welcome and good luck!

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, here are some other links of interest

Welcome to fumbbl page - additional information, plus coaches who will help you with specifics via private message https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2260

(check out the links there to the 145 Club - a league for newer coaches if it is for you (no stunty though)

you can also check out the academy of faculty instructors, ppl offering help with basics as well as tactics (need to create a League team for that) https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=5413&op=view

to get games in stunty, gamefinder should work, otherwise you can try to get games vis IRC (see help section macavity linked, there is a special stunty channel in irc (dont know the name but you should find it via list)
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! I'd recommend playing 145 Club and maybe making an open League team to play learning matches against the faculty. Then graduate to Ranked and/or Blackbox, and find yourself a league to play in. There are a couple Canadian leagues, and several more for North American coaches in general. But most leagues will want to see you build up a little history by playing in the 145 Club and/or Ranked/Box for awhile first.

Play Stunty too... but it's not the same thing.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

See how much better everyone else's advice was? I told you I knew nothing! Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You could play an instructional Stunty game in the test division (FT).

or............the new League settings, don't they allow it now?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:

FISH CAT!

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You can definitely create a stunty team and then go in to Gamefinder to use it. There aren't so many stunty matches going on so you may not find a game straightaway if you only activate a stunty team. No harm in trying. You may lose but not a big issue other than having taken time to create a team.
Folks recommend 145 club to basically ease you into playing in fumbbl. both in learning functionality and in not immediately facing really tough matchups.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 19:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Macavity wrote:

FISH CAT!

For kids!

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Macavity wrote: