25 coaches online • Server time: 04:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2016 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

As I sit here, drinking my 3rd Bourbon and Dr Pepper of the day. Wondering how I've wasted the last 10 years of my life. I thought of a new neg trait.

Personally, I love neg traits. I think 'new' niggle and decay are pretty nifty, and that there are a few more possibilities along the same lines that could add (well actually subtract) from our game.

However, it occurred to me that 'old' niggle may have been mishandled and badly labelled. A player rolling a D6 and missing a game due to a 'twinge' in the knee sounds to me highly 'sick noteish'.

So I thought maybe we could bring back one of the most infamous neg traits of our game, but relabel it.

Instead of some bogus bout of arthritis, what about this?

Substance Abuse
Unfortunately, being a star has got into the players head. Too many parties and too much post effect has taken a toll on your potential star.

At the start of each game, roll a D6. If you roll a 1, your star player is suffering from 'substance abuse'. He will miss the game due to one of the following reasons. Out of his bloody head on some sort of toxin, sleeping it off, it some delusional fit, currently detained in a cell, in some sort of deep depression and unable to muster the balls to turn up.

However, if your star has enough talent you may elect to send him to a 'detox centre'. If you decide to spend 100k GC of your coffers to send your wayward star to a detox centre roll a D6. 1-2 It hasn't worked, he's derailed again/no effect. 3-6 He's seen the light at the end of the tunnel and come back on board/remove the neg trait from his profile.

I'm thinking that you can resend him to the clinic if the first roll fails. However on the second time you can influence this with a further 100K which we can call 'Get the mother involved'.

"If you spend 200k instead of 100k on the second trip to the detox clinic, you may also involve the mother. She is not very happy at all. 1 fail 2-6 success in removing the neg trait.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2016 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Utter quality hahaha. Love it.

DLE College 7s
mattwakeman

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2016 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

More complex injuries would be a great addition to the game:

Cannot gfi or fail gfi = auto injury
Player can never hurt an opponent more than stunned
-1 to ball handling / -1 to dodge

The opportunities are almost limitless when you have java remembering for you. Sadly none of them could ever come to pass except in tabletop houseruled leagues.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2016 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I do remember that if you had legends on your team, you had to give them gold before the match start or they wouldn't playa t all. oooh yeah, being famous and get high.

Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2016 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea of paying legends is awesome. When did they take that out?

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2016 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
I do remember that if you had legends on your team, you had to give them gold before the match start or they wouldn't playa t all. oooh yeah, being famous and get high.
This is better than spiraling expenses.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2016 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

50k salary, 50k hookers n blow. the price of doin business.

Jump to: