42 coaches online • Server time: 20:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Linemen: 0-16 50K 6/3/3/7 Sure Feet GM/SPA
Archer: 0-2 70K 6/3/3/7 Sure Feet, Strong Arm, Kick Off Return GPM/SA
Nokud: 0-2 90K 6/3/3/7 Dauntless, Sure Feet, Catch GAM/PA
Bahadur: 0-4 100K 7/3/3/8 Frenzy, Juggernaut, Sure Feet GSM/PA
Chaos War Mammoth: 0-2 170K 5/6/1/9 Loner, Wild Animal, Tusks (Horns), Break Tackle, Sure Feet SM/GAP

Rerolls: 50K
Apoth: Yes

Background: To the North East are the horse tribes of Kugan. To the outside world, they are nothing but mutant raiders, little more than Beastmen who ride in on horses, raid what they please, and leave before help can arrive. They are partially right. The various nomadic tribes are deeply spiritual, seeing mutations as a gift from the gods rather than curses. When battles are won, the best of the victors scar themselves, a horrific sign of triumph.

Even as blood bowl spread across the world, the game did not reach into the the land of the Kugan, until one day a tribe rode up to the pitch riding upon mighty war mammoths and demanded a game against the local Kislev team. While they no longer ride horses, the Kugan teams have become known for their speed and oppertunistic offense tactics.

Rational:

Kugan is the Warhammer Mongolia (with various other Steppe people thrown into the mix). They are nomadic horsemen, often literally born into the saddle, and are often in opposition with the Norse, Empire, and particularly Kislev. I decided to make this a sort of opposite to Kislev secret league team, a "human" team that is

They are on the edge of chaos wastes and notably seek mutations, so obviously everyone gets mutation access. They are also described as being fast hit and run raiders so I wanted everyone to be fast while also remaining "human." So every positional has Sure Feet.

Linemen are humans with one less armor.

Archers (I can't find it in references to Kugan using archers in the fluff but since they are so modelled after the mongols it's a near certainty they have horse archers) are the passers of the team, and start with Kick Off Return and Strong Arm to get the ball quickly and get it down far the field.

Nokud (which was a "free warrior" in the mongol hordes) is the "catcher" of the team, but also has dauntless to make them better at pushing off marking enemies or punching down the bigger enemies to get to the goal.

The Bahadur's (which is a more noble mongol warrior) are the guys who really can create holes in the opposition, with Frenzy and Juggernaut meaning they can even overcome annoying Stand Firm/Fend players.

Finally the Big guy is the Chaos War Mammoths, which some Kugan tribes field in battle. Wild animal as they are really hard to control. They are huge, so strength six was a must. Horns represents the tusks, and Break Tackle represents how difficult it is to prevent these elephants from moving around. I considered prehensile tail
(for the trunk) and stand firm (for their massive weight plus four legs making them hard to move), but these were too defensive skills and didn't fit the theme of the team. You can give both of these skills to this player if you really want. Also, like Kislev this team can take two big guys.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Mar 27, 2018 - 06:11; edited 1 time in total
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it Kurgan?

I thought the hobgoblins were closer to real world Mongols.

Why the blitzer faster than the catcher?
and why two big guys?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Kurgan is correct. They are steppe marauders not of the East. The Hung are the east steppe tribe. Hobgoblins originally came from the eastern steppes. Then became Persian empire horse tribes and back to mongol in design. This however is pre modern chaos and replaced
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Kurgan is correct. They are steppe marauders not of the East. The Hung are the east steppe tribe. Hobgoblins originally came from the eastern steppes. Then became Persian empire horse tribes and back to mongol in design. This however is pre modern chaos and replaced

I mispelled and they no longer exist? Crap.

I guess you could replace them with the Ungols and just have to replace the Big Guy: http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ungol
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I was on my phone. I meant Hobgoblins as Mongol period were replaced for late 6th-8th Warhammer. Warhammer itself has been replaced though. So none of it exists anymore.
 Jump to: