12 coaches online • Server time: 05:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2016 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

NAF Team Challenge

The NTC is GO! Follow live scoring!

The second Online NAF tournament of 2016 will be our first fully team-centric event! The World Cup Warm up featured a team challenge element, and it proved to be so popular that this time, teamwork will be the star of the show.

The structure of the tournament will be similar to past online NAF events - 5 rounds of Swiss will be played in (approximately) 30 team groups individually. The teams with the best combined scores will then advance into team v team playoffs.

Looking for a team? Check out our matchmaking thread. Teams should consist of a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 coaches. A team captain should be nominated, and he / she needs to follow the instructions in the scoring thread.

In the event you'd like to participate in the NTC as a lone wolf, you're of course more than welcome!

Cheers!

Phil / Goo.

Rulespack Summary

- Non-progression Blood Bowl!

- Team treasury: 1.20 M gold

- Format: 5 games of Swiss in approximately 30 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Oceania)

- Weekly rounds

- Teams consist of 4-6 coaches, and following the group stage (played individually), a playoff phase (team v team) will determine the ultimate winners

- Skill package is 2 double skills, 5 normal, all available before game 1

- Inducement access varies according to racial tiers. Check the rulespack for full details. Ensure you check your Inducement access before application!.

Round 1 deadline - 11th April.

Last edited by Purplegoo on Apr 04, 2016 - 21:28; edited 4 times in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I've updated the OP with all of the relevant information and links. Applications are open NOW, so get going! We kick off on the 4th of April. Smile

Expect front page coverage soon, and the hype train to pull into your station. Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The rulespack has been updated with the following information:

• Teams must intend to play games with a minimum of 11 players. For those that are allowed, this may include Stars (e.g. you may build a team of 10 ‘rostered’ players and induce a Star for 11)

o Should teams play that have both induced the same Star, the Star will play for both teams

I will accept the first group of applicants to the various groups on Monday, so please don't panic if you've applied but don't yet see yourself in a group.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Do the double skills have to be doubles, or can they be normals? The tool allows normal choices. Apologies if I've missed it.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, Canadian team is ABOOT to enter!

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You can take normals if you wish.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Do the double skills have to be doubles, or can they be normals? The tool allows normal choices. Apologies if I've missed it.

I'm confused.
Aren't you the one who's making the rules?
sann0638

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope! I just work here Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

All currently applied teams accepted.

6 days of signups to go, and we already have 10 teams declared for the NTC. Strong stuff! Of course, you can apply as a lone wolf, but to look for a team, see the OP for all of the important information.

If you sign up before the weekend, the chances are (no guarantees) that I'll have chance to check your submission and let you know if there is a problem. You'd be surprised how many issues I catch, so it's always worth getting in early to get a second pair of eyes looking over your work.

Get applying, can't wait!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Another round of team acceptance complete. I smile every time I pop by the Oceanic group; they do a great job of panicking me every time and then all signing up with 4 hours to go. Wink

Particularly happy to see The Titchy & Stunty Show sign up, they have two spots going, get on there! Also great to see Team America, we can all hum the tune now. Smile

14 teams and (no doubt) some lone wolves signed up so far. Come one, come all, four days or so to get in on the action. Remember saying you're on a team is all well and good, you also actually have to physically sign up. I'm poking the captains with that information via PM, but consider this a mass poking. Or something.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The Titchy & Stunty show was mobbed with 2 additional applicants so the team is now full, feel free to setup a rival stunty team though, we can fight for the wooden spoon!

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2016 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

All right now!

I've done another mass accept of submitted teams. I have 16 signed up teams and ~75 applicants. My mental arithmetic isn't great, but I think I'm expecting some more. Get 'em in! Razz

One thing to remember - it has already tripped someone up: depending on what tier your race is, it may not have access to Induced Star Players. All things are revealed in the rules, so go check if you're unsure.

72 hours or so to go! Very Happy
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2016 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I read the rules in Finnish and Google translate must have screwed something up. I failed to realise the 5 skills were 'free' and I short changed my elf team by 160'000 gold. I think. My advisors also speak Finnish. So I'm not 100% on anything. Should I nuke my team?

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2016 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, probably nuke and start again. The skills are free, spend all of the money (if you're Woodies, you can save cash for Bribes or Babes if you choose, but for nothing more).

Apologies that we only produce rules in English. In the fullness of time, I'd like to look at that.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2016 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

A PM I got last night:

Do I submit for myself, or is it my captain that does that?

I keep saying it: EVERYONE has to sign up themselves. I'll say it over and over, and hope that we don't have too many miss out.

Cheers!
 Jump to: