24 coaches online • Server time: 00:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

All other linos are 0-16
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
All other linos are 0-16

Reasons
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The 8ers also wonder why.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Why anything with Chaos Pact?
tussock

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

In 2006, for LRB 5, the included teams got 0-16 linmen in place of the older 0-12 standard (itself a change from the original 3-12 standard). It did not include Pact, Underworld, or Slann.

Pact and Underworld were first published before LRB 5, and their most recent official release in a 2008 pdf did not update their position numbers to the new standard. They are still not included in the CRP from 2010, and that's the latest we've got.

So just some inconsistent editing for minor supplements across old edition changes.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was to sort of force you to take skaven on the underworld team and the big guys and renegades on the pact team. You can only have 12 of them, which isn't a lot, so if you want a lot of reserves, you have to take the other guys.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, not intentional at all. I have no idea why Slaan got 0-16.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 10:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It's something that's bugged me for a while actually cos I really wanted to try a goblins and troll UW team.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy answer. Both are supposed to be mixed race teams, not mono-race teams. So if you took 16 goblins, it wouldn't be Underworld, it would be chaotic goblin.

They're both based off of 2 famous teams that had the famous team roster from 2nd edition. They being the Chaos Allstars and the Underworld Creepers. Allstars had a DE catcher, 1-2 Goblins (maybe a Skaven) the 3 big guys (albeit one of them being Morg) and then human positionals/line that could mutate. Instead of getting human positionals, they were made more like modern chaos having just one position, but multiple access. So......instead of human throwers that could mutate or blitzers. You have one Marauder with access to SMPG (no catchers on Allstars so no A access)

Underworld were made from 10 Goblins (linos and catchers) and 6 Skaven (2 bli, 2 thro, 2 mutants). Due to them having mutants, they were given it as a normal choice in the 6th edition roster.

My personal opinion is that all 3 plus rosters were converted exceptionally well from the 2nd ed list to play in LRB5/6. The established rosters that changed.......nearly all have strayed from the original agenda, some being outright confusing.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 12:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
My personal opinion is that all 3 plus rosters were converted exceptionally well from the 2nd ed list to play in LRB5/6. The established rosters that changed.......nearly all have strayed from the original agenda, some being outright confusing.

I agree. When listing my favourite CRP races the additional rosters are all among the top half dozen, with UW and Pact being my favourite 2. My only disappointment is that the Pact Big Guys don't get M access on normal rolls when all the other Chaos Big Guys do.

I still think they should have 0-16 linemen though, because it's the standard.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well yes, but every other race is meant to be able to be a mono race roster (well CDs, but then you can play them as hobgoblins). However Pact and Underworld are specifically mixed race teams. So it would ruin the theme if you could run 16 of one race. Ok min-maxing ruins Pact anyway, but that's not the rosters fault.

What would be good is more options. Having the ability to play Chaos Goblins (had them in the late 80s/early 90s in Warhammer) would be great............so yeah maybe that could be the Underworld roster......but it really can't be called an Underworld team, that's a fluff massacre.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well yes, but every other race is meant to be able to be a mono race roster (well CDs, but then you can play them as hobgoblins). However Pact and Underworld are specifically mixed race teams. So it would ruin the theme if you could run 16 of one race. Ok min-maxing ruins Pact anyway, but that's not the rosters fault.

I agree. It always felt rather like a coincidence to me and now I have that verification.

But then it just turned out to be coincidentally a good design choice.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Easy answer. Both are supposed to be mixed race teams, not mono-race teams. So if you took 16 goblins, it wouldn't be Underworld, it would be chaotic goblin.

They're both based off of 2 famous teams that had the famous team roster from 2nd edition. They being the Chaos Allstars and the Underworld Creepers. Allstars had a DE catcher, 1-2 Goblins (maybe a Skaven) the 3 big guys (albeit one of them being Morg) and then human positionals/line that could mutate. Instead of getting human positionals, they were made more like modern chaos having just one position, but multiple access. So......instead of human throwers that could mutate or blitzers. You have one Marauder with access to SMPG (no catchers on Allstars so no A access)

Underworld were made from 10 Goblins (linos and catchers) and 6 Skaven (2 bli, 2 thro, 2 mutants). Due to them having mutants, they were given it as a normal choice in the 6th edition roster.

Yep.

Chaos All-stars had Dirty Dan (goblin catcher), Sark Four-Eyes (skaven mutant), Laxon Hrull (Dark Elf Catcher), Zy-Nox (mino blitzter), Bork Bulge-belly (troll blocker), Morg'th N'hthrog (ogre blocker) and humans (some mutant) to bring numbers to 13.
Snake Sanders (hypnotic gaze) and Constrictor Atlantson (tentacles) along with (mentioned in fluff) Spider Smith (extra arms, arms were weapons) are the examples of mutations they had.

The Chaos All Stars incidentally, did not need to roll for animosity!

Underworld Creepers, were exactly as you say. The two mutants were the ironically named Race (-ma, kick, as he has three legs) and Fat Brainsplatter (obese - he gets +2 ST, -MA, -AG, can never sprint and gains toughness level 2). Fat basically translates directly to the Warpstone troll.

People should remember that positionals could restrict your choices elsewhere in the edition that these teams were created - eg. if you played Skeletons, taking Mummies had a direct restriction on the number of skeletons you could take.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

same reason why Dark Elves can have 4 blitzers and high elves only 2.