39 coaches online • Server time: 12:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Oboto

Post 22 Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I am little confused about the bloodbowl companian rules about dwarf death rollers.

Is a death roller treated like a large monster, thus taking up 2x2 squares? At least, that's what the rules say about "machineries of destruction".

On the other hand, the rules for the "death roller" say, that it attacks all "three" squares in front of it. This indicates that it only takes up one square or is at least 3 squares wide.

My (fresh and blinking) new death roller model is placed on a large base (2x2). So it must actually able to attack two or four squares in front of it.

Can anybody help me clarify this?
Badoek

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

check here to see for yourself

In the current rules the Deathroller is only one square, just like all the other players. Goblin, Dorf, Human, Ogre, Treeman. All one square.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 15:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Which rules version and additions are you using? It doesn't sound like the most recent (CRP) rules which treat the 'roller as just another player. Older versions had special rules for it, which it sounds like you're reading Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Oboto

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My rules I grabbed from a dusty old shelf in the cellar. They almost crackled to dust when they where exposed to sunlight after all these years. The Bloodbowl Companian is from 1990 - that's what the cover says Smile And Large Monsters taking up only ONE square makes my little world tumble! Which are the most recent rules?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 16:07
FUMBBL Staff

I'm not sure we're allowed to post them, but if you google Blood Bowl CRP Rules it's the top link.

The Companion you have is from 2nd edition. The current rules are on about their 6th iteration of 3rd edition. A LOT has changed from second edition, so if you wanted to play them you'll likely need to read the whole book (and get some block dice) Wink

Edit: Alternatively you can try a game here, for free! Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Badoek

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The Competition Rules Pack (CRP). IIRC we can't link to them but you can find them on the NAF site. Google can help you.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, more like the 10th version of 3rd edition, all of which are basically the same game, but quite different from 1st or 2nd edition. More details here.

But yeah, go to the NAF site (www.thenaf.net), hover over 'Blood Bowl' in the top menu, and click on 'Rules'. Then hit the big 'Get the CRP' button.

And I'm pretty sure in 2nd edition the DR only took up 1 square.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 16:54
FUMBBL Staff

xnoelx wrote:
Actually, more like the 10th version of 3rd edition, all of which are basically the same game, but quite different from 1st or 2nd edition. More details here.

But yeah, go to the NAF site (www.thenaf.net), hover over 'Blood Bowl' in the top menu, and click on 'Rules'. Then hit the big 'Get the CRP' button.

And I'm pretty sure in 2nd edition the DR only took up 1 square.

Having recently (last week) played a game on the old 2nd edition board, there's no way you'd fit a deathroller on one square. They're tiny! Very Happy

I knew there were more than 6 editions, but hadn't counted. There's basic 3rd, Deathzone, Gold Edition, LRB1-6, CRP. Is that it?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, the mini took up 2 squares. But rules-wise, as far as I recall, it was meant to fit in one square. Much the way that most big guy minis take up more than one square nowadays.

I consider Death Zone as an integral part of the original 3rd ed. But taking a closer look, there were more than 10 editions. 3rd (&DZ), 4th, 4th gold, LRB1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2, 3, 4, 5, and CRP. So at least 12, maybe 14 if you count DZ separately and LRB6 as different from CRP.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

in 2nd edition (from star players onward), large monsters took 4 squares - there were even detailed rules on how to move them

here is a nice overview

http://www.blueblood.de/bloodbowl/history.html

(i hope i can link this? otherwise please remove or tell me to do it)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes you are confusing 2 majorly different rulings. 2nd edition and 3rd edition onwards handled big guys very differently.

In second ed big guys had super strength and large bases. This also allowed for multiple blocking. It also meant they had their own special 4x4 template. As Mr J pointed out the 2nd ed pitch had smaller squares and there was no way to play rollers on 1 only.

However 3rd onwards all players take up 1 square no matter what their size.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 22:24
FUMBBL Staff

Yes. It's now 50% easier to score with a tree man!
 Jump to: