42 coaches online • Server time: 14:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Three cheers for Woodstock!

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
licker wrote:
From the other thread.

No one forces us do to anything, but when you come in and say you want to change FUMBBL you're not just asking people to join you in some worthless idiotic rule set you had a wet dream about.

You're asking everyone to adopt your pointless rebuild of a game which seems to work just fine.

You don't like it? You know where the door is. Take your own medicine or drop the ridiculous attitude you exhibit.

What on earth is wrong with you?

I am writing Blood Bowl rules, not killing your children.

If you don't like it, stop staring straight at it.

And who do you have on your hook that no admin will ban you for your relentlessly abusive language?

I'm only replying to the one aspect of this your thick head cannot seem to comprehend. Woodstock already lowered the rest of the boom on you.

You want to change fumbbl for EVERYONE.

Most of us (apparently) don't want anything to do with your ridiculous changes and we're expressing that.

Keep your rule stuff to the other thread and we'll see where it goes as some kind of special league.

Keep on running your mouth about how great you are and yeah, you'll get exactly what anyone else who did that does.

Doesn't help you were gone for 4 years either does it, if you want to come in and tell everyone how dead everything is.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
pac, get off your high horse...

If only I had one, man. I could use an army of Cossacks right now, believe me.

Quote:
if I would take any admin actions I would revoke your forum posting rights for the amount of shit you have been posting.

And all the insults thrown at me? Or are those guys your best buddies now?

Quote:
want to try and create your own ruleset? fine. But dont expect to be treated different than any other coach on this site.

So, all other coaches on this site get shit thrown at them whenever they dare speak up?

Quote:
people dont take you serious because so far no one got a clue what you actually want to do... nor does your lack of participation for the past 4 years give you any credibility.

Time has changed, and no one gives a flying duck about what you did long long ago...

Damn, Woodstock, what happened to you? Didn't we used to be friends?

Are things really that bad around here? Would you treat Dreadclaw like this if he came back around?

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Things are the way they should be.

You're the problem here man, you want special treatment because you did something for the site 8 years ago?

That and $5 will get you a donation to the site.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry dude but the way I see it the problem starts with your first post and continues with your general posting style.

It seems calculated to rub people up the wrong way.

When I first saw this thread I thought that some joker had bumped an April fools thread just for the bantz.

Back in the old, old days of the web I bought a magazine that discussed how the web should be used. (I didn't know enough to just search the web for the info. Remember those days?)

One of the pearls of wisdom in the magazine was something along the lines of...
When you join a new internet community don't just jump straight in and post. Take some time to watch what goes on and get a feel for the place.

I think that applies as much to returners as it does to new members.

This thread reminds me of those movies where an OG returns home after a long stretch and still expects to be a Boss. He finds that things done changed.

A lot of coaches probably don't even know who you are. The records show that I haven't played you since 2007.
PAC always seemed like a good geezer to me. But your posting in this thread has been pure monkey balls. If not for some of the later posts I would have assumed that your account had been hijacked.

If you had been around in recent years you would have known that all that talk about getting Jervis, Christer and Fumbbl generally behind this would sound like utter nonsense.

You are still (even in the new thread) talking about revitalising blood bowl and Fumbbl. But Christer has made it pretty clear (giving reasons) why he wants to stick to the 'official' rules for the 'competitive' divisions.
So, you are only really talking about the League division. But Christer has been busting his guts to bring us custom rosters for the league division. Anything else looks pretty minor compared to that.

If you are mainly talking about rosters then maybe we'll have a look once we've worked through some of the secret league rosters. Personally I probably won't need much more than the CRP+ changes and a couple of my own.

If you are talking about rules changes then you are going to need Kalimar. Even if he has the time, energy and inclination to work on the client I suspect that he would be looking first at a javascript/tablet version of the client.
The last I heard about him was that his daughter was ill. Daughters beat clients every time.

Basically, this looks like "just another ruleset". If you had marketed it as such then people who were not interested would have ignored it. As they probably did the others.
By marketing it as the saviour of Fumbbl you draw the ire of people who feel that you have not done your homework or would like Fumbbl to be saved a different way or do not think that it needs saving at all.

And nothing good ever came from antagonising the admins. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

But, this isn't all bad news, so don't feel bad pac. There is a bright side: koadah's back!

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You are still (even in the new thread) talking about revitalising blood bowl and Fumbbl. But Christer has made it pretty clear (giving reasons) why he wants to stick to the 'official' rules for the 'competitive' divisions.

Good to see you again, koadah.

Like I keep saying: relax. No one is screaming.

It's a fun little project. Nothing may come of it. What's the big deal?

Participate and enjoy, or leave it be. But rampant hostility is not feedback. Sad

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I jus wanna know, are we gonna get custom rosters before Cyanide get Norse? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the concerns about the Elf roster being too strong are valid. Actually I can give you quite a lot of feedback here, as I play a not too dissimilar system.

I am running my own personal league, using the old LRB4 client, with some personal and some modern takes on the game. There is no handicapping, match making is done by division.

My teams run 16 players, if they cannot run 16 players the rest is made up by Journey Men. Furthermore they also have a 'reserve roster'. This is made up of up to 4 fit players held in reserve and all the injured players. In my system a player could be out for up to 8 games.

What I have found is that running these large rosters, even with LRB4 fouling, is that elves are dominating. I have 9 divisions of 10 right now. With division 1 teams having played 40ish games.

My division 1 is made from 6 elf teams, 2 mixed race team (1 with elves, 1 pretty agile), a werewolf team and a skeleton/undead team. Last season 2 elf teams came up replacing a Trollslayer and a Lizardman team.

The werewolves, Undead and Trollslayer teams are extremely bashy and if they get into the elves they can compete. Usually though they do not, and as the elven teams play each other a lot, they can generally recuperate from their player losses.

For me the system is fine, I wouldn't recommend it as the standard game though. I think with your exceptionally strong elf team and huge rosters (like mine); the rules would certainly favour elves.
coombz

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

nice to see your thread has magically resurrected koadah, it is good for something after all! Smile

That's Trailer Park Life.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Like I keep saying: relax. No one is screaming.

It's a fun little project. Nothing may come of it. What's the big deal?

Participate and enjoy, or leave it be. But rampant hostility is not feedback. Sad

I like the JanMattys posts, Pac... but how can you expect no opposition (which has been rather tame comparatively) when you come back after not having played a game here for four years - still haven't - and said that FUMBBL needs a reboot. A lot of us that have been playing here before and since you left are having fun playing the way it's set up. So don't shit on *us* by saying that what we have here needs to be changed because it doesn't match what's in your mind's eye.

I think fouling needs to be more prevalent in Bloodbowl. Do I create a new ruleset beefing it up? Nope. I just foul more. And I encourage my opponents to foul as well. Be the change you want to see in the world, Pac. BE the change you want to see.
Seany18

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

Why be so mean about a fun, experimental roster that will probably never see a single match? Sad

If you are a WE coach, so am I — these elves may be even more fun than that!

Really? I've done nothing but give you constructive criticism based on what I think of the rosters you're proposing, is that not what you want? With all the shit that's happened in this thread and you think I'm being mean about your squad? All I intend to do is help you address potential problems with your rosters (I don't know if you hoped for much better from posting here but it's certainly the best you've got) particularly that I run a similar WE roster with 1 RR and the Sea Elf 1k TV squad is clearly far superior to it. I'm sure it's a very fun team, no doubt, but in terms of balancing the game or even making it competitive/ fun for both teams sticking the star players from 4 different squads into ones a nightmare
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 15:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

We don't need two threads about the same thing. Locking this one.
 Jump to: