14 coaches online • Server time: 06:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people have recently posted their proposals for new rulesets, which is great but unlikely to ever be adopted by Fumbbl.

So why not create new tournaments instead?

Even back in 2nd ed regional leagues such as the Worlds Edge League, The Moot League and the 'Obgob Tribal Leeg were mentioned (BB Companion p45) and I would love to see these sort of tournaments set up on the site, especially when the custom rosters come online as even within one race you will have two or three rosters to choose from.

House rules could be very fluffy (e.g. no kick skill or weather in the Worlds Edge League as they play underground in low ceiling caverns) and would make for some very interesting games which make for a very different style of play. I experimented with this with the Goblin Invitashunal Tawnament which banned re-rolls as there is no way a team of goblins would be bothered to train. A simple change like this made for a massive difference in gameplay as any dice roll was to be avoided at all costs and often led to some extremely random events happening which were very funny and refreshing.

Let's not try to re-invent the ice-cream, lets create some more flavours!
sonrises

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

There is not a fix for CRP/Blood bowl but 1 milion...depending on each individual's prefrerences.

rather than a FUMBBL ruleset a milion different rulesets!...and may be coming soon... New [L]eague division!

so again, as gobbo said:

jdm

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to run a snotling only tournament. Teams of 16 snotlings, 8 rerolls and maybe some skill package.

Would be even more fun when custom rulesets become available and you can put mutations on those little buggers. But even before then I think that could be very fun.

Let's get all Heston Blumenthal on this!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea. It's the secret league and modified rules which are going to keep me interested in this game and site for years to come, hopefully.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Gobbo, have you been taking elocution lessons? Wink

To your point, there are already more tourneys available on FUMBBL than I have time to enter, but I guess more couldn't hurt (unless we have so many that only 1 person enters each one and then we're all winning tourneys)

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Great Gobbo, have you been taking elocution lessons? Wink

To your point, there are already more tourneys available on FUMBBL than I have time to enter, but I guess more couldn't hurt (unless we have so many that only 1 person enters each one and then we're all winning tourneys)

Yep, every time I bangz yer mum she teechez me a new wurd! Betta?

Seriously I don't think there is a race specific league/tourney for many races, probably as with only 1 roster option I imagine most people will imagine it will become very samey very quickly and a grind, but if the secret league teams come online then you could have 3 dwarf rosters to choose from which would make a dwarf only league very interesting.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there are already the single-race XFL tournaments, which I assume you've seen? Although, they tend to be fairly infrequent and only seem to come around about once per year for each race.

Although, yeah I think it would be cool to have some 'XFL-like' tourneys in [L] once the custom rosters are implemented Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

there are leagues which run with very different rules already

the new L options will only make it better and easier for the league admins to set them up

granted, redoing the rules entirely is probably a stretch, but tinkering with rosters is likely doable
 Jump to: