36 coaches online • Server time: 01:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kilinrax

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Humans
0–2 Throwers 70K 6 3 3 8 Sure Hands, Pass GP

Orcs
0–2 Throwers 70K 5 3 3 8 Sure Hands, Pass GP

Never noticed this before (though it's as LRB6) - is the idea that humans get a +MA thrower for free to balance out their +10k blitzers (relative to orcs)?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No need of a longer pitch, just make illegal the 1TTD if the scoring player starts from behind the halfline of the pitch (including if he moves past the halfline through Quick Snap and chainpushes).
No more 1TTD this way.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Why the one turn hate though?

I understand the annoyance about MA10 sprint, but otherwise it's a tool for certain teams who do actually need it.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans should be top tier-ISH for all of us humans who want to play humans, with human fluff, etc.

Make the 2 blockers MA 5 ST 4 AG 3 AV 8. Give the humies a little strength to be used tactically. STRONG humans are rare but not unheard of. But humans arn't orks, and AV9 seems too much. Offensive linemen arn't less breakable than the other players on an NFL team.

But I guess a chaos warrior is ST4 AV9, and those chumps get 4 of em' so why not two ST 4 human players? It seems like a no brainer to me to bring back a few ST 4 humans. It still dosn't make them a risk of being overpowered.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Probably I will pause a bit before posting more of the project here. Perhaps the people who like to deluge everything fun with their crap will get distracted and we'll be able to continue to get on with making a fun game more fun in peace.

just a question pac. did you refer (partly) to my post with that. or just thought it´s better to ignore it or just didnt find it helpful. or will you get post sth later regarding that specific topic?
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
3. I would not mind having so many positionals on the teams, but in order to acheive ACTUAL VARIETY, you need to be spot on with prices. The weak options will be never used. If there are 1-2-3 great positionals, the rest wont be used. Again, pricing is critical, and you should not sit back at historical prices, but should look hard at minmaxing teams in the box, and price accordingly, to make the positionals equally useful on any given roster. (Or at least for the options you REALLY like to promote.)

Oh sure. Making almost all the Sea Elf positionals 100K is very much a first draft. That is certainly open to change. But there's no basis for doing that until/unless we see these rosters in action.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
How was that an insult?

It felt like an insult to me. What do you want me to say?

If you didn't mean to say, "You are old and out of touch and your past work here means nothing to us any more", then word what you say a little more carefully.

All we could all admit that we have been on-line long enough that we all have tough skin, and act like the flameproof trolls we are. *shrugs*

Quote:
I even sent you a pm to try and start a conversation with you!

Well, yeah, you asked if I was in Nottingham, but I'm not. You want to chat more. No problem. But what's wrong with using IRC? Now that's *really* dead right now!

Quote:
You seem incredibly hard to reason with.

Not really. Most people keep saying that these rosters would never work. That's meaningless. We don't know until we try them out. There is no point in trying to argue, without evidence, that changes must be made to a first draft when these rosters have never been used.

Quote:
Your perceptions are quite frankly wrong and I think you are the one who needs to 'chill'.

I am chill man. I can take or leave this place. There are a lot of other ways to have fun than on-line Blood Bowl, you know? I don't react well to a deluge of attack posts, just because I have the gall to say that I can make the best version of BB you have ever seen.

Do you want to see my resume, or something?

Quote:
Can you honestly not see that some of your posts have been quite hostile towards this community from the beginning.

I have indeed been hostile to *some* people here — mostly detritus who have no commitment to FUMBBL whatsoever, IMO.

They will get over it. Believe it or not, flame wars happen in on-line forums! :O

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Pac, please give it a rest now. It's a little tiresome.

Shall we agree to disagree and move on with what you want to discuss here.

Last edited by Throweck on Apr 19, 2016 - 22:41; edited 1 time in total
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
This all comes down to attitude. You trash everything Pac, then are suprised when people don't like it.

I don't trash everything. I say that I am going to make BB and FUMBBL cooler and more fun for everyone. But no one likes fun any more, so I get attacked.

What is wrong with you guys? Why do you hate fun? Sad

Quote:
You then moan the admins don't ban hammer people for …

No, I complain that the admins don't ban people for making personal ad hominem attacks on me. The admins are not magical geniuses from another plane who never make mistakes. They are coaches and posters I am familiar with who don't seem to know how to moderate forums properly.

If only shadow46x2 was around to clean house around here still, amirite?

Quote:
this all started because of how you acted right from the op in your first thread.

Yes, please, quote for me the awful offensive things I said in my top post. I should have been banned for life for saying that FUMBBL is plainly not what it used to be, should I?

Quote:
Anybody would think people here were threatening to kill your familly with some of the links you have posted.

I assume you're referring to the Jeff Vogel link?

At least you sound like you read it. Now think about it. Could you ever have been the cause of that kind of distress in your on-line career?

Why are you being so territorial? FUMBBL does not belong to you — except inasmuch as it belongs to all its coaches. Blood Bowl does not belong to you — except inasmuch as it too belongs to all its coaches. Am I harshing your buzz? You can carry on playing BB your way — this project never need affect you, you know?

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

kilinrax wrote:
pac wrote:
Humans
0–2 Throwers 70K 6 3 3 8 Sure Hands, Pass GP

Orcs
0–2 Throwers 70K 5 3 3 8 Sure Hands, Pass GP

Never noticed this before (though it's as LRB6) - is the idea that humans get a +MA thrower for free to balance out their +10k blitzers (relative to orcs)?

I don't know …

Never quite sure why the Orcs got an underpowered Thrower … It is tradition at this point, as it has been this way since the start of third edition. I guess the Orc Thrower's cost could be reduced to 60K. Don't think it would affect much.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Make the 2 blockers MA 5 ST 4 AG 3 AV 8. Give the humies a little strength to be used tactically. STRONG humans are rare but not unheard of. But humans arn't orks, and AV9 seems too much. Offensive linemen arn't less breakable than the other players on an NFL team.

I really think giving Humans some AV 9 is important. Third edition Humans end up being too much like elves with sucky agility.

ST 4 and AG 3 is *way* too good! That's an underarmoured Chaos Warrior. Also, ST 4 usually implies a different (sub-)species in the third edition era. I'm not sure that should be available for Humans (who will get a broad choice of Big Guys, when we get round to thinking about them).

As I've written them, Human Blockers are really tough, and should have a great upgrade path (Guard, etc — plus don't forget the new Distract skill, a classic choice for Blockers!). But they really lack flexibility and mobility. OTOH, once you've built up a nice deep bench (which won't affect your TR if that's based only on the first XI …) you should be spoilt for choice. Wink

Think of a developed sixth edition team as being like a really good Championship/Football Manager team — lots of tools in the box. No real penalty for having far more quality players than you actually need or regularly use.

At the strategic level, between matches, coaching/management is no longer about maintaining your side as a lean, streamlined machine. There's room for special play experts in the squad and all kinds of oddities.

But, on Blockers, I'm very open to the opinions of long-time Human coaches, as I'm sure a lot of them have been *really* missing this option, as it gives them a hell of a lot of bash potential again at last!

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
just a question pac. did you refer (partly) to my post with that. or just thought it´s better to ignore it or just didnt find it helpful. or will you get post sth later regarding that specific topic?

I didn't even spot your post, AFAIK, man. I remember you, Reisender. I am pretty sure we are cool. =)

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dragon Warrior wants to know: why do I cost same as wardancer when I am identical to him but I don't get leap skill?

Oscar Wilde
Throweck

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

pac and throweck are now sorted

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pac, get back to the point of this thread or it will get locked.

You have potential here, use it.

People have pointed out flaws in the rosters and asked questions but without any kind of rules to put the rosters into context these questions will keep coming. My suggestion would be to get together a draft version of the rules so that the rosters start to make sense.

No-one is attacking you, no-one has insulted you.

You were the one that came in and claimed FUMBBL was dead. FUMBBL is alive and well, just in a different state to how it was when you left. Time to get yourself up to speed and stop living in the past.

If anything needs to be edited out of the threads then the staff will do it but we are pretty easy going and allow people freedom of speech. Obviously swearing and direct personal attacks are not allowed. If you feel that you have been attacked then submit a ticket with the evidence of what you feel has broken the rules and we will deal with it.