34 coaches online • Server time: 01:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Endzone

Post   Posted: May 21, 2016 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
DarthPhysicist wrote:
My next D&D campaign was going to be centered around the adventurers competing in Blood Bowl. They were going to find a coach who turned out to be a down and out Troll Slayer. Each adventure would be going off to look for the Whistle of Turn Ending, Pom Poms of Power, or some such nonsense and would end with a game of Blood Bowl using the D&D rules with no weapons bigger than a dagger, and if you used a dagger, you'd have to roll to see if the ref caught you (perception of the ref).

Hey! You're stealing my idea Endzone!

Hehe, sorry, didn't read all the previous posts. I was referring to how I used to link together the games I used to pay with school friends about 25 years ago!!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 21, 2016 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:
As well as actually playing BB using D&D rules you can have fun by linking Bloodbowl with other games in some sort of campaign. For example:

a) A group of adventurers in D&D could be searching for a magic items for the bloodbowl team I their faction to use in a match.

b) The outcome of a bloodbowl match may affect the scenario for a fantasy battle.

c) You could convert characters between BB and other games - so you bloodbowl star player may also be a dungeon adventurer and/or a hero on the battlefield.

That could be pretty cool. Maybe there is some sort of evil liche on an undead team with supernatural powers, and a small band of your players have to track down and break into his tomb to recover the only artifact that can defeat him. Could be a race against time before the match starts Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Endzone

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

When I was a youth we used to play Warhammer quest rather than D&D. We would play against each other - one players as the adventurers and one as the monsters with a randomly generated dungeon using cards. If the adventurers (e.g. humans) won they retrieved the magic items for the bloodbowl match, if not the monsters (e.g. orcs) would get them for the match instead. All good Wink.
Endzone

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

D&D 3.5 star player conversion example:

Griff Oberwald
Str 16 (ST4 = '+3')
Dex 16 (AG4 = '+3)
Con 14 (AV8 = '+2')
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 12

Feats: Unarmed Combat, Dodge, Run etc. etc.
 Jump to: