25 coaches online • Server time: 09:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I've been toying around for a while with creating a League based around the Stuntee division.

That said, no successful league can be run without a good base of coaches who are willing to make it succeed.

I'm pretty much an amateur when it comes to running a league on Fumbbl, and would love any and all assistance in doing so, be it in the form of logos, bbcode, or even just coaches willing to participate.

Currently, I'm looking at some of the league settings and rules, and want to make this a fun splatterfest (as most stuntee matches are) for all involved.

Obviously, this league would require the Custom League ruleset (which is still in it's testing phase), and I have one I've been working on. The options would be as follows:

1: Overtime in the event of a tie. More time for blood, and ties are silly.
2: +1 to injury on fouls IF you have no interference
3: 150k in inducements for free, for everyone in every match. This can be quite silly in Stuntee, as there are several fun Stars
4: The ball has spikes, we all love our splatterfests
5: Piling will KO you if you roll doubles
6: Sneaky Git acts like guard on fouls, and sends you to the KO box instead of getting you banned. With secret weapons, this could get hilarious
7: REMOVED
8: All Stuntee rosters will be accepted, this includes (with some modifications) LRB races that are mostly stuntee.
9: Skill progression will be slightly altered, with players taking a 6th skill at 131 SPP and a 7th at 201
10: Starting Season 2, A leeg draft will be implemented for the MAYHEM!!!

LRB races that will be allowed, with modifications:
Goblin - Goblin teams may only select a Single Secret Weapon. That weapon choice is up to the coach.
Halfling - Unchanged
Lizardmen - No Saurus allowed. That's right, your roster will have one Krox, and the rest Skinks.
Ogre - a Maximum of 4 Ogres allowed.
Underworld - Troll and 2 Skaven Linerats, no blitzers or throwers.
No other LRB teams will be accepted

With that said, I present to you the bare bones of the fledgling Stuntee Leeg Splatterfest

Ideally, I'd like 16 coaches, and run 2 divisions of 8 teams each (at least to start, to allow for potential coaches from Europe and the Americas). In future seasons, I'd like to push the Leeg to 32 teams, with 8 divisions in 2 conferences.

Thank you all for your time, and hopefully, I see you all on the pitch

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on %b %09, %2016 - %05:%May; edited 5 times in total
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a little confused. So you aren't making an actual stunty leeg?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It is, the only LRB teams that are allowed are those listed, with the changes presented.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I imagine Linerats would be OP
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

SirIndigo wrote:
I imagine Linerats would be OP
no more so than Mechavermin on Skyre Slaves.
They lose the AV of the mechs, and strength access on normal rolls, but gain speed, agility, and mutation access.

If anything, they'd be on par with Mootguards on Pro Flings
paradocks

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So one can't actually use stuntee leeg rosters in this? Because one can't make stuntee rosters in [L] division

Last edited by paradocks on %b %27, %2016 - %07:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

paradocks wrote:
Will the games be in [S] or [L]? Because you can't make stuntee rosters in [L] division..
You create the team via the group link, as it uses a custom ruleset. You then apply it to the Leeg as you would normally apply a team to a league

Games will be in the [L] division though.

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on %b %27, %2016 - %08:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Mechavermin are OP. Mootguard don't have G access. I'd say that Skinks could be problematic with their movement as well.
paradocks

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be keen on signing up in that case Smile
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone interested in being on Leeg staff, please send me a PM. I could use a good BBcoder to help make the Leeg more presentable, as well as an artist or two willing to help with any logos, etc. we may need in the Leeg.

I'd also appreciate someone from site staff so we can work in a Draft starting in season 2.

harvestmouse wrote:
Mechavermin are OP. Mootguard don't have G access. I'd say that Skinks could be problematic with their movement as well.
Not sure Skinks on a Lizard team would be too terrible. Albion Fae get 4 MA8 players, Eshin have several MA7, Skink teams also have a few MA8, and most of the rest of the stuntees have MA6 on average.

Skinks would be the equivalent of wood elves, or skaven in this case.

As for the concern on Skaven Linemen on Underworld, they'd be only slightly more powerful that Crypt Ghouls, and about even with Mechavermin. Honestly, I'd be more scared of a Squig Slayer on a rookie roster, as they're about the only thing that starts with block.

Point is, stuntee leeg itself has balance issues, and yet, any race can still beat any other in any given match. We all have lower AVs and the stunty trait, so blood flows freely. I can only think of a handful of stuntee matches I've played that saw no injuries on either side.

paradocks wrote:
I'd be keen on signing up in that case Smile
Please do, use the link in the first post.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:

harvestmouse wrote:
Not sure Skinks on a Lizard team would be too terrible. Albion Fae get 4 MA8 players, Eshin have several MA7, Skink teams also have a few MA8, and most of the rest of the stuntees have MA6 on average.

Skinks would be the equivalent of wood elves, or skaven in this case.

As for the concern on Skaven Linemen on Underworld, they'd be only slightly more powerful that Crypt Ghouls, and about even with Mechavermin. Honestly, I'd be more scared of a Squig Slayer on a rookie roster, as they're about the only thing that starts with block.

You're kinda using approximate examples to iterate your point. End of the day though, it's your league, play it how you want.

Actually I've thought about doing the exact same thing and Lizardmen and Underworld are 2 rosters that worried me about compatibility.

I think the MA8 all round of skinks will be a problem. Not necessarily an unworkable problem, but a problem. Also how will they work with inducements, what can they induce?

Uworld I'm not sure about. However compared to your examples, they have one of the best linemen (as in M access goblins) available. 2 G access MA7AV7ST3 is too good for stunty leeg IMO.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

I think the MA8 all round of skinks will be a problem. Not necessarily an unworkable problem, but a problem. Also how will they work with inducements, what can they induce?

Uworld I'm not sure about. However compared to your examples, they have one of the best linemen (as in M access goblins) available. 2 G access MA7AV7ST3 is too good for stunty leeg IMO.
Chaos Flings get 3 players with G access, and M access on all their players as well. They also get arguably, 2 of the best big guys of any race, stuntee or LRB

Horrors and Nurglings also have M access on normal rolls on most (if not all) of their rosters. And the Bigs on each can be very nasty, very quickly.

Squigs can start with 4 Claw + MB players (and having played them enough, the negatraits don't nearly make up for that, when they have S and A access on normal rolls) and can have Jump-Up ClawPOMB as early as 16 SPP if they choose.

And Strigoyans have 5 players who can block-tackle POMB and regenerate.

As for inducements, Lizards would not be allowed to induce a Saurus merc, but I see no reason to take any star players.

The same would extend to underworld, as far as stars, and inducing blitzers or throwers would not be allowed.

I do understand your concern about speed, but it's the same issue that slow LRB teams have when facing Wood Elves or Skaven. You adapt your play style to your opponent. Also, keep in mind this is Stuntee, where many teams have weapons, secret or otherwise, and most of those weapons aren't auto-banned, while some stay on the entire game unless injured (I'm looking at you, Horrors).

To be completely honest harvestmouse, I'd love to have you on league staff because you bring up good arguments, and I feel you could definitely help me balance the league in the long run. I also believe you'd be good at helping design draft lists for each season, so that I don't go too crazy with it. If you're interested, please feel free to PM me.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

sign me up. let's test this

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
sign me up. let's test this
Awesome!
Create your team via the leeg group page, then apply it to the leeg
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm up for this, I think there will be some major balance issues with all the extra rules but willing to give it a go anyway. Can't decide whether to pick a team that will clearly cause uber carnage or a pick a less cheesy team and probably get my ass sliced off and handed to me.