20 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deyempe

Post 18 Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here's the short and narrow.. with so much talk of new rule book versions, Sixth Editions, LRB7's, and the like I thought I'd throw this out there for any would be future rule document designer to consider before doing so! Alright here goes:

This is a small change in an otherwise sea of potential changes that might be sweeping the much loved and feared blood bowl horizons sometime, someplace.. up de hill and over te rainbow Smile

I love the Goblings! Who doesnt right? They're the most fun a coach can have with any LRB6/CRP roster provided the coach can chew through his own tounge, cheek 'n lips, and still be smileng once he's chewwed up and eaten half his own face off! xD ..The Goblings require somthing more than a simple slow grind down the pitch.

As the current roster stands imo its near perfect, the only thing I would consider changing (if it were up to me) is the Looney, Im of the opinion he should start with the Dodge skill - much like the Bombadier does, however that's not the point this thread is dealing with.

My proposal is a new positional player for the Goblin roster. Yes, yes.. I can here ye now.. "But dey has gotz so many alruddy" true, true - they aren't spoilt for choice, however.. no less than three of their positional choices are Secret Weapons (nothing wrong with that) and one of them is Troll. If you have never played as or against Goblins I think you should try using them; if your smart and/or lucky you will have an entertaining game to say the least, but if you are unlucky or really ulucky or just stupid, likely you'll end up out manned quickly and wishing you had choosen a differant occupation other than blood bowl team coaching! xD

In the light of what I have said and all that I havent said because it would just take too long; here is my proposed new Goblin Positiional - its Rational can be found after the data.

#:...Positional:..Ma:St:Ag:Av:Skills...................................:Normal:Double:Price
0-1:Backstabber:6::2::3::7::Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Stab:A:........GPS:..50/60k

The simple fact is, once your SW's are off the field and your undermanned, you game with Goblins is at a sever disatvantage. This new positional isnt going to change that much, however.. by having this non-secret weapon stabber a Goblin team has one more small trick up it's sleave which it may utilise in times of great need ..should it desire to do so, ofc as we all know Stab isn't much good on anything above av7, so it's not like this new positional is going to take Gobbo's into Tier 1 or anything stupid like that, but at least the option to use Stab would be there.. provided the Gobbo in question is on the field.

So thats it really, a little green Backstabber. Other considerable things are making the available ammount for hire 0-2 instead of 0-1, but that might be going against the gobbo flavour of 0-1 for most of its positionals. Also, I dont know how much Stab ontop of a regular gobbo would cost so thats why ive said 50-60k Im guessing it would be one of those ammounts..? finally, having this positional come with 'Shadowing' would make this unit a true backstabber, but that might be asking too much..?

I'd love to here any and all interested coaches thoughts on this - I really belive this to be a welcome addition to the Gobbo team roster and as said wouldn't really make a whole lot of differance in the end, except to allievate some of the poor coaches pain experianced on a uber unlucky downward spiraling game of Goblins!

The other option ofc is to bite the bullet and give the Stab skill to the already present Pogoer - Im sure he could do some extra damage with the pointy end of his pogo stick if he wanted to!

Anyway, thanks for reading Smile
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. Goblins like cheating, it´s logic.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 14:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

ehhhh, just make stab a double skill for goblins only! you wont see a TON of it cause doubles and the want for blodge.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes sense to me.

APPROVED for the next Rules Book (right after they appoint me Kings ofs the Bloods Bowls).
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The only problem I see is aren't all Gobbos backstabbing underhand bastards at heart?

DLE College 7s
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought here.
But why not make Sneaky Git a tad bit better and make it a skill that if placed on a player with a Secret Weapon it would help that player stay on the Pitch instead of being Ejected. Not a HUGE change to the ejection rules... but at least a +1 or -1 (as the case may be) in favor of keeping the player in the game. OR maybe something that sends him to the KO Box instead.
I miss the Auld Days of the Team Rules Lawyer arguing with the Ref to keep a player in the game too. With DP nerfed as it is... why not bring that back with a chance to reinstate a player that has been Ejected. Let the Ref toss him... then after the next TD/before the next Kick Off let the Rules Lawyer try to argue a player back onto the Pitch. Make it like an Apothecary that you have to pay maybe 50K to have on the team.
Anyways. Just some ideas.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
The only problem I see is aren't all Gobbos backstabbing underhand bastards at heart?

Yes. But they aren't all able to conceal a dagger in their robes and stab people without a Ref seeing it. Some of them aren't clever enough. Some are too clumsy. Some too frightened. It takes a "special" kind of "talent" to pull this off.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

No matter which way you slice it, stab will definitely help with a sever disadvantage, if you'll excuse my cutting remark.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 16:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
ehhhh, just make stab a double skill for goblins only! you won't see a TON of it cause doubles and the want for blodge.

I think you meant 'because all Goblins need DP', right?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sign him up! 15k is the price tag for stab without SW in the Stunty Leeg but given that stab is mostly going to be ineffectual in standard BB 50k sounds about right...

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
No matter which way you slice it, stab will definitely help with a sever disadvantage, if you'll excuse my cutting remark.

Touché.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the description is more of a hobgoblin positional. Goblins (and halflings) could have catchers back.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that it's inappropriate for a goblin team though, as a 0-1. Whereas an all hobgoblin team would be all stabbers, or 0-6 maybe. The hobgoblins on a CD team presumably get their weapons taken away by the dorfs, as they're just slaves.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Gizza sneeky git az standard an wotch der bootz fly!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
I don't think that it's inappropriate for a goblin team though, as a 0-1. Whereas an all hobgoblin team would be all stabbers, or 0-6 maybe. The hobgoblins on a CD team presumably get their weapons taken away by the dorfs, as they're just slaves.

Hobgoblins on a CD team are lackeys that control the slaves. Fluffwise is that CD are few in number and needed help to control their huge slave population.

HG were generally mistrusted by other greenskins so looked for an alliance/big brother or became trusted (by CDs) by backstabbing the other greenskin slaves.

This made their plight even worse, because they went from being 'mistrusted' to outright 'hated' by other greenskins. Curiously though 'wild' i.e. Steppe hobgoblins tend to be of a tougher breed.

I do agree though, that it would be a HG roster thing rather than a CD roster thing. They did have a unit type in Warhammer (Sneaky Gitz) specifically like this.
 Jump to: