39 coaches online • Server time: 09:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: May 05, 2016 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Fighting Cockerel Classic

Hear ye! Hear ye! The halflings of Eichschatten have not-so-humbly requested your presence at this year's Fighting Cockerel Classic! The diminutive 'flings have brought out their grandest cauldron for this year's stews, and have opened the gates for all-comers to battle for the Lord of the Soup!

The Fighting Cockerel Classic is a Stunty league tournament that uses a Round Robin format for the qualifiers, and a knockout bracket for the finals. All Stunty league teams are eligible to apply to the tournament, but only one team per coach.

Teams will be randomly placed into one of 16 brackets, and compete in Round Robin fashion, allowing each team to play every other coach in the bracket one time. Once complete, the winner of each bracket will advance to the finals.

Depending on the amount of applicants, fewer brackets may be created to ensure that at least 4 teams are in each bracket. If this happens, the second place teams in each bracket will be put into a random lottery to fill the missing spots.

Winners of each bracket must apply to the finals group to participate. Additionally, no prep matches are allowed between the closing of the qualifiers, and the start of the finals. Any teams that play any matches between their final qualifier match, and the drawing of the finals, will be disqualified, and a second place team will be drawn in its place.

Second place teams are allowed to apply to the finals as alternates, or in the event of fewer than 16 brackets.

The chefs have prepared a special meal for the participants of this year's final. Three soups have been prepared, two of which will go to the winner, and the third will go to the loser of the final match. Each stew can feed one player on each team, as determined by the coach. They will each grant one random General skill, and each stew will grant one additional skill from either the Strength category, the Agility category, or the Passing category, all randomly chosen. The winner will get to devour their stews first, and the loser will get the final stew.

Applications are open now, and you can apply at the Fighting Cockerel Classics Qualifiers page. Who's hungry?

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on Aug 12, 2016 - 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Crook666

Post   Posted: May 05, 2016 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied. Blood will be spilled.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't played in a while, but figured I couldn't miss this one!
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: May 12, 2016 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier 2 is the unofficial Tzeentch qualifier, woohoo \o/
m0gw41

Post   Posted: May 12, 2016 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in that Horrors group with a team full of no handed players, oh dear.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2016 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a team in a Qualifier. Can I play games with it outside the Qualifier?
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: May 12, 2016 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin: no.
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: May 12, 2016 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Think I applied too late. Is there an official way to remove the team, or should I just keep playing the team normally and let it just float in the list/be removed?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're not scheduled (make sure you don't have a first round bye), then you aren't in and can use the team like normal.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

We're playing our first game, right now.
Come on in and enjoy the gore!
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: May 16, 2016 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Two things I can take away from my first match since the necromiser:

1) I'm super out of practice!
B) I don't know how to properly use a chaos spawn on a Strigoyan team yet.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2016 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Dirties lucked this one getting a final place. In first, second and fourth match there was so cheesy td:s by cheaters that I almost felt sorry for my opponents. Dirties also averaged 1.75 completions per game during qualifiers.

Many thanks to organizers and keep them stunty things rolling!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2016 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheaters with a completion percentage above 0?....I'm insulted....

--j

ImageImage
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2016 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like there will be either 5 or 6 Squig Herder teams in the last 16 KO, its gonna be bloody!

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2016 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

And the fate of the only Fae team brave enough to enter will be decided by a coin toss. Some of the pixies have tried to bribe Shadow into fixing the coin toss so that they lose; they are scared of all the squigs.
 Jump to: