26 coaches online • Server time: 09:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Shamefully low turnout so far. Looks like there might be a tweak to the Specialty Qualifier to make room for coaches who can't otherwise find a place to apply.

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=BattleLore&id=18793
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick update

High TV is being dropped to 1750TW, it appears that the days of big teams is over Sad

The speciality group is now going to be

1x High CR
1x Stunty
2x Gauntlet - New group opened to any team that does not fit into any other category. Priority will go to the smaller teams.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is the turnout so low? The UI had a really high cut-off, didn't it? Maybe not many coaches with stunty/forlorn teams, although even high TV seems pretty bare ..

Undead/Underworld - this could be your chance! Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a look outside your window dude. Wink
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't just the GLT. Recent XFLs have had fairly low turnout too. I think the usual summer dip in games may be hitting earlier, and yes, at least in the UK, the unusually pleasant spring weather may well be a factor.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Quick update

High TV is being dropped to 1750TW, it appears that the days of big teams is over Sad

1x High CR
1x Stunty
2x Gauntlet - New group opened to any team that does not fit into any other category. Priority will go to the smaller teams.

I already applied to the High CR group with not so high TV. Hope I am not left out due to the group reduction...
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

the Hellbound are currently looking to hit 2000 games this year. That won't happen if they are bogged down to one game a week in a tourney. It's also why they are giving everyone an invite to game...everyone's closest TV team on gamefinder gets an invite to the show!

While I have plenty of good TV teams ready for the GLT, I'm most likely going to be in Oklahoma the weekend of May 21st. My ability to schedule games will be limited and therefore I'm considering skipping the GLT this year.

If I do enter, it'll be with Vamps, or Humans

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

CroixFer wrote:
easilyamused wrote:
Quick update

1x High CR
1x Stunty

I already applied to the High CR group with not so high TV. Hope I am not left out due to the group reduction...

You should be fine.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Chaos Pact is only succesfully unforlorn if the team had all three Big Guys in the final playing.

If the players are on he roster it counts. Just a MNG or 1 of the 3 RIPing on the journey there should count too.

But I agree that a CHEESER PACT team with only 1 or zero Big Guys should not Unforlorn Chaos Pact... although they could say that CHEESER PACT had been Unforlorned.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams with 1900TV+ are abundant. The issue is that those teams have 4 qualifiers to choose from depending on race, games played, CR of coach and forlorn or not. So, those teams get spread out out over all the qualifier groups.

There is another issue going on and it is the forlorn group.

The Forlorn group got thinned out big time last year, 3 races unforlorned. The stunties are going for the stunty group so reality is the forlorn group of temas left are always a very small % of teams who apply. So, now that group is in essence a qualifier with only 3-4 races that might apply in some numbers. Enough to fill 4 qualifiers with 8 teams?

Last edited by PainState on May 09, 2016 - 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Why is the turnout so low? The UI had a really high cut-off, didn't it? Maybe not many coaches with stunty/forlorn teams, although even high TV seems pretty bare ..

Undead/Underworld - this could be your chance! Very Happy

Still some Forlorn teams building up to it. Probably many others too.

Personally, I just don't want to enter a team, then play some prep games, get the team trashed and still enter them. If the team I intend to enter gets trashed I'll use some other team that is not Forlorn like my Orcs or CD's or Humans.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

But I agree that a CHEESER PACT team with only 1 or zero Big Guys should not Unforlorn Chaos Pact... although they could say that CHEESER PACT had been Unforlorned.

At this point it does not matter. Pact wants to unforlorn and if IYO it is "cheese" or not it does not matter. It is not like the "cheese" pact teams are ripping the majors to shreds.

In fact I would be shocked if more than 4 "cheese" Pact teams even show up.

Very Happy Surprised Smile Shocked

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ugly and Dumb will once again try to unforlorn Undead.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well Iam once again wandering the "row" and it seems the Blood Sea Buccaneers have made a grand appearance for the tournament. Down at the end of the Row is the Reikland river docks.

Well it seems the Bucs have pulled into port and are having a massive party with topless dancers, a live DJ blaring out the music and over 50 kegs of beer are lined up on the dock next to the ship.

It seems that the Bucs are going to have one massive party before their early exit from the GLT. So, party like there is no tomorrow because most likely, there is NO TOMORROW!!!!

Buccaneers are ready to storm the GLT

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

At this point every one just needs to apply a team. If you do not know which qualifier group just apply to the special group and hope for the best.