48 coaches online • Server time: 20:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zhluhur

Post 22 Posted: May 28, 2004 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Another suggestion about a new stunty race. I was thinking about something completely different. All names can be replaced. They are not good.
Here are my first thoughts:

0 - 2 Treeman 2 6 1 10 Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Take Root, Mighty Blow, Throw Team Mate 110k G, S
0 - 4 Treeteens 4 2 2 8 Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Take Root, Stunty, Right Stuff, Extra Arms, Big Hand 50k A
0 - 2 Poisoneers 6 2 3 7 Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Take Root, Stunty, Right Stuff, No Hands, Poisoned Dagger 60k A
0 - 12 Treebabies 3 2 2 6 Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Take Root, Stunty, Right Stuff 20k A, S

Re-Rolls 50k

Pro: All Players Stand Firm and Thick Skull, no turnovers by dodging. Good Ballhandling.
Neg: no Dodge, Take Root, Slow

I testplayed them against my herders, and they lost, but they did a good game.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

They don't seem like much fun playing

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

heh half the team could miss the first half! nice idea tho. keep working on it! Smile
Dooby

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good to me - I did a team with all TR and one game they started with 3 players!
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

well, most teams have half of their players left in half 2, this team is the other way round. Wink

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea...sounds like a real fun stunty match.

Surely a TreeTeen is a Sapling?

/Delta goes off in search of nature encyclopedia

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah Sapling sounds good. Treeteens should be plants with many arms, represented by big hand and extra arms.

The price of the players is quite low, so it is possible to start with a team of 14 players, apo and 4 re-rolls 9FF. So the average is 7 players from start on.
The first half should be hell, the the 2nd is the revenge.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not bad, but why do the linemen (the Treebabies) have strength access?

One problem is that their chances of winning any particular game can be largely determined by their TR rolls. What fun is there in having a game that is greatly swung in one player's favour before the ball has even been kicked for the first time?

Imagine the times when 3 or less players turn up for the first half...your opponent will score 2 or 3 TDs in the first half with no problems at all. And then imagine the times when only 3 or less players miss the first half... You will have an immense advantage over your opponent... It's the same problem treemen have, but amplified...

It could work if the new on pitch Take Root ever becomes official though... if that happens, increasing their catching capability (beyond AG2 and extra arms on 4 players) would be a must, because ball carriers WILL take root, and they will need to hand off the ball to other players.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave them strengh access to compensate them for being on the the worst players on the pitch Smile of course no access to mighty blow. Guard can help them against equal str teams.

Well, they are quite unreliable cause of their TR, but hey, if my herders roll too many ones its the same. Thats the reason why its a stunty team Smile

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, im one of the biggest followers of stunty, and love it more than any other leeg, but its not being taken seriously and Im afraid to say that one of the reasonss is the HUGE number of teams being flung around. Either we have to say a quick no to some teams and forget about them, or we need to compile a list of GOOD teams which have prospects. Sorry to shove it in this thread but hope people read it.

About the team Im just not too sure, failing no dodge in stunty is pretty darn nice and rerolls can cover the skill dodge to a point, that and the fact they can grab dodge first skill. Along with Big hand Im not sure how they'd turn out but could be scary. Other than that the team idea is nice though a little awkward.

Flings Rule!
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

tweaking around is allowed Wink And don't forget that dodging with AG2 is not one of the easiest things. Wink

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Zhluhur wrote:
Well, they are quite unreliable cause of their TR, but hey, if my herders roll too many ones its the same. Thats the reason why its a stunty team Smile
The difference though is that the herders would lose because of a general trend of bad luck throughout the game, where as the woodlings would lose due to bad luck on a handful of dice before the match has even properly started.
Habeli

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Treebabies could be better if their stas would be something like this: A; 0 - 12 Treebabies 3 2 2 6 Thick Skull, Stunty, Right Stuff 30k A
B; 0 - 12 Treebabies 3 1 2 6 Thick Skull, Stunty, Right Stuff 20k A
C;0 - 12 Treebabies 4 2 2 6 Thick Skull,Stand Firm, Right Stuff 40k A
Then they would seem more like very small trees and could keep team line quite fine in first half.

Allso why Stunty on all but Treemen, maybe Treeteens(<-- Saprolling could be better) could be "better" without stunty & right stuff, would seem more like medium siced.
UPS! forgot that stand firm=)

Last edited by Habeli on Jun 05, 2004 - 19:20; edited 1 time in total
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

4 2 2 6 for 40k?????????

what do you think a goblin would cost with 6 2 3 7 ?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Clementus wrote:
Other than that the team idea is nice though a little awkward.

I must admit neither fairies nor striganies (I cant even remember the name!!!) are awkward Wink
 Jump to: