33 coaches online • Server time: 11:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2016 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi gang.

For those unaware, the NAF are currently electing a Tournament Director (TD) to serve a three year term. The candidates are Gaixo (Nate Beem), Hawca (Andy McDonald) and Purplegoo (Phil Pearson).

The candidates have been answering questions from the membership for a week, and now the poll is open for NAF members to cast their votes. If you are a member, you can review the Q&A here and vote here.

The TD is a very important job within the NAF organisation. Along with driving the NAF's tournament policy, the TD is one of four elected positions to the committee, and has a direct say in the direction of the NAF. We're voting to install a TD for a three year term, perhaps the most important term for a serving TD in NAF history. We have a huge World Cup to live up to, and we'll have to deal with whatever the GW box re-release throws at us, among other challenges.

I'm sure that I speak for all three of the candidates when I say: if you are a NAF member, please vote. You have a week to get involved in the Q&A (which will remain open) and make your voice heard. Even if you choose not to vote for me, I'd rather you voted. I'd love for the election to get a huge turnout and give the next TD, whoever he is, mandate to push the NAF forward.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions that you have, but out of respect for my opponents (who might not see here), please ask them on the NAF site.

NAF posts always raise questions from FUMBBLers such as 'Why should I care, does this effect me?' and 'Why should I join the NAF?'. I've copy / pasted a post I made in the forum a while back below, which I think answers both of those points.

So, please vote!

Cheers,

Phil.

I'm not sure what the NAF would say [to 'what would a FUMBBLer get from joining the NAF'], but I can tell you why I'm a member.

I'm not a member of the NAF because I accumulate Blood Bowl related physical bits or am desperate to have my rankings / records tracked. Although those bits (dice, markers) will have appreciated in value over the years and they're very practical, high quality TT BB tools, I'm much more interested in being a member for non-tangible reasons.

The NAF is the closest thing we've got to a BB governing body. It is a members club comprising of volunteers working towards the good of the game; supporting causes and events that promote and improve BB for members old and new. As you've read in this thread and across the site, the NAF is increasingly turning it's gaze toward the online versions of the game, and is welcoming us as online coaches into their thinking and their club. I'm a member because I want to support the NAF in it's endeavours, and I also want a say in how it goes about it's business. For instance, perhaps as an online coach, you might be interested in the election of NAF officials and how they perceive online play? I know I'm interested in that NAF / FUMBBL relationship, and what those in charge think of it.

On top of this (perhaps romantic, I appreciate) view, The NAF does actually have a tangible impact on FUMBBL. Christer said recently he'd follow the NAF with things like rulings on Khorne, the online NAF games are going to be ranked for NAF members, allowing you to track progress. The list is steadily increasing...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump! You've four days left to make your voice heard. Please do so!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Best of luck to all.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the last day of the vote. You have until 22:00 BB time to make your voice heard!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Results!

Gaixo (Nate Beem): 142
Purplegoo (Phil Pearson): 100
Hawca (Andy McDonald): 55

Thanks to everyone that voted, and congrats to Gaixo!
plasmoid

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Next time, Purpkegoo. Next time.
Congrats to Gaixo.
PeteW

Post   Posted: May 22, 2016 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad

Unlucky 'goo. Maybe a blessing in disguise?! Next time, sir, next time.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 02:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Less paperwork = better paperwork!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps. Wink

NAF incumbents are generally pretty bulletproof; 100 vs 142 isn't too bad in the context of how challengers have done historically. Less work indeed. Smile
sann0638

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
NAF incumbents are generally pretty bulletproof; 100 vs 142 isn't too bad in the context of how challengers have done historically. Less work indeed. Smile

Always plenty of work for any volunteer!

Jump to: