32 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, apparently at least one person has found a new way to engage in what should at least be considered poor sportsmanship, if not outright cheating.

Here is the situation:

Player 1 has the ball and is the active player, he blitzes and injures an opposing player.

Player 2 delays a significant amount of time before using apo, thus letting the turn clock run.

Player 2 finally uses (in this case, but not using woudl work the same way) apo.

Clock has run down while player 1 could not move because the game was "waiting for player to use apo"/

Player 2 immediately times out player one before player 1 can move his pieces, but all the time was used by player 2 delaying on his apo.

Clearly, the turn clock should not run while the non-active player is waiting to use apo. (Or responding to other such message) Though this fix would not work until a new version of the client, this is, in my humble opinion, blatant cheating, and definitely poor sportsmanship.

I believe action should be taken.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

what are you talking about?

the timer stops running when apo decisions are pending

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr is right. If what you are describing actually happened to you I'd report it as a bug. If not don't worry, the client already has the 'fix' you want.
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm okay. I'll write it up a a bug then, I suppose timing out is so rarely done, that odds are no one normally looks to see if sometimes the turn clock doesn't stop. Odd then, I was wondering for a second if it's an occaisonal bug, how my opponent noticed it, but since timeout is rarely used (At least in my experience) they probably just saw the notice and went for it.

I thought it seemed odd that no one had done that before if it was possible . . . but there's always a first person to think of it.

Sorry for the confusion.
Kryten

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 18:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

A coach acting in this fashion would get quickly banhammered. Report such abuse to the Security Officers here: https://fumbbl.com/p/support
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Testing this now.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I was not able to reproduce it with and without using the apoth. I tried both where the injured player was healed up and back on the bench, and with a second injury roll to see if the timer started then. This was in test mode on the live server, so it is the current client. Either something really odd happened or the timer was already very close to 4 minutes.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 18:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Typically this kind of unfair Time Out happens when one or both of the coaches have been disconnected from the match and returns later. I have not heard of one tied to the prompt for the apothecary before.
drunkagent

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the pause before using the apco was a dc?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

going to keep my eye on the clock more to see if there are any other such situations. I suspect a disconnect occurred at some point.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

There might have been a disconnect, and it might be a bug that does not always happen. At this point, I am more than happy to say it was probably a bug/glitch that allowed it to happen. I have reported the bug through the system. Honestly, it would be unlikely to be seen if it did happen with or without a disconnect, because the timeout feature is used (at least in my experience) so rarely in normal circumstances. If it is a bug that happens some times, odds are it happened before (specifically the turn clock not pausing) but no one noticed because you wouldn't unless timeout is used.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

even if it was a bug, it's still a douchy thing to do, and should be reported as per Krypton's message above

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried it in test mode by intentionally disconnecting and could not reproduce it.

Is there a game link to see this somewhere?

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately the log doesn't show time for each turn or disconnects. Strange situation.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

apo all mens
 Jump to: