32 coaches online • Server time: 09:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously, I'm pretty new to Fumbbl, and very new to Blackbox. I was reading through the description of Blackbox, and it said that the matches will be announced in the [B] section of the IRC channel, and then your team will be scheduled against whoever you have to face. I was just wondering if it was necessary to be in the IRC, or if you could just resume the match once it was scheduled.
Kryten

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 02:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just pay attention and join the match straightaway after the draw. It's not required that you be in chat, but that is helpful to easily see whether you have a match to play.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, thanks!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You can activate, walk off and come back in 5min when the draw is made. And you don't need to stay in box chat, or on IRC, or even on the box scheduler page.

But you're supposed to be in-game no later than 10min after the draw is made, so I usually just leave the scheduler page open in a tab. The game you're scheduled to play will show up both as a "resume" option on your home page, and also with a big "start" button on the box scheduler page, so it's easier just to click on that rather than scan through your teams to see which one got selected.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

no, you don;t have to be.

but you should, so you can cackle when you draw my FLINGS

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
no, you don;t have to be.

but you should, so you can cackle when you draw my FLINGS

Empires rise and fall, mountains crumble, this joke never gets old

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
...I usually just leave the scheduler page open in a tab...

Even better when you use Wreckage's awesome firefox and chrome add on, then you get chimes when your team is drawn to alert you to the fact. Just keep the scheduler tab open (but doesn't have to be active tab).

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 11:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Also, the scheduler page has a chat box which is connected to the IRC channel. It's not a requirement to be in the chat, but you are expected to start and play the match within a reasonable amount of time from when the draw is made. Having the scheduler page open is an easy way to notice the draw and see if you've been scheduled.
 Jump to: