37 coaches online • Server time: 00:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2016 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Or.........how about that certain skills could be taken as a trait. Good, worth considering, a bit fluffy but not your normal pick on a double.

So each race had certain traits. Traits could be taken on the roll of an 8. A bit complex probably, but interesting.

I like the idea of traits because they can define a positional with access to unique skills no one else can get. But complexity is a major downside. Maybe the answer is to have a set of "Trait Packs", so for example Goblins and Snots get Sneak Traits, Blitzers get Blitz Traits, Chaos spawn get Chaos Traits, etc. Another thought is to allow basic Chaos traits to all players, reflecting the Warhammer universe's constant contact with warpstone -- some of it is bound to rub off. Maybe that's the place for a Devious mutation for Big Guys (removes negatrait) or Carapace that adds the +AV.

However I'm inclined to think this can be accomplished reasonably well with the existing doubles system.

you're pretty much describing the LRB4 trait system...

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2016 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Did someone say LRB4.... Cool
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2016 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It wouldnt be too terribly complex for a computer game with an accompanying rule book that has a robust index.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2016 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say that I have always thought the natural progression of the game would be that there is, let say, 15 positionals, those players have a skill tree they go down, some skills are doubles.

Some teams will only have 5-8 of these positional players and some might have up to 12.

The idea is that we move off of the current system and make the players more specialized. Also it introduces team building dynamics.

Now for a simple ho hum computer game, if the users cannot read the team sheet, showing the positional players and their skill up trees and they are totally discombobulated by the information, well, then, I give up.

Shocked

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2016 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me clarify my idea.

Lets take a human team.

There are still just: Linemen, Throwers, Catchers, Blitzers and the Ogre.

Each of those groups have 2-4 skill tree builds you can choose.

So your lino just skilled up. He must choose which of the 4 skill tree paths he will take. Those 4 skill paths feature a specific role for that player. He can take the Kicker path, the sweeper path, LOS warrior path or the Low down Path.

Each tree will not have unique skills from each other but some skills on one path are normal and others are double.

Also by making Linemen take, in this case, 4 paths, from a team building perspective how many of each type do you want or need?

Blitzers, catchers, throwers and the Ogre will have their own unique skill up trees.

Rinse and repeat for each roster.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2016 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i dunno

human lino can either take block, kick or dirty player

if team has neither, he takes block

if team has one lino with block, they take dirty playar

if team has block and dirty player they take kcik

see, ez

ez for ence

no problemos, humans op race?

no, because elves are superior in all the ways

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I have to say that I have always thought the natural progression of the game would be that there is, let say, 15 positionals, those players have a skill tree they go down, some skills are doubles.

Some teams will only have 5-8 of these positional players and some might have up to 12.

The idea is that we move off of the current system and make the players more specialized. Also it introduces team building dynamics.

Now for a simple ho hum computer game, if the users cannot read the team sheet, showing the positional players and their skill up trees and they are totally discombobulated by the information, well, then, I give up.

Shocked

It'd be more like X-Com: Enemy Within where there are skill trees dictated by player class...something that isn't totally weird but doesn't strike me as very BB.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
It'd be more like X-Com: Enemy Within where there are skill trees dictated by player class...something that isn't totally weird but doesn't strike me as very BB.

Are there any mods like long war for xcom2 yet?
Thought high modability would bring an early full conversion but it doesn't seem like there are any :/.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't actually picked it up yet since my wife promised it as a birthday is in December...

crafty wife!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hold on, there is a new X-com game that plays like the first versions of the game coming out?